widgets & their templates

Christopher Smith
Hi,

I am just starting to dip my tool into the world of Dojo and I have a
few questions I haven't been able to find the answers to.

First, is it possible to search the whole of the mailing list archives?
I couldn't find a way to do that so I apologise if my questions have
been asked before.

My first step was with the HtmlSlideShow widget.  After I had got it
working, I wanted to alter the slideshow
top display without the button.  I couldn't manage it - at least not
without directly editing HtmlSlideShow's own template files.
- Is it possible to alter the template files a particular instance of
the widget will use?
I tried various methods including trying to change the templatePath in
the replaced img element.  Nothing worked for me.

I also tried writing a new version of the widget with the different
template files, inheriting the remainder from HtmlSlideShow.  That
didn't work either - but I'll leave that until after I have a chance to
revisit it.

A couple of observations from playing with the slideshow.

The slideshow image transitions (fade in/fade out) aren't compatible
with the pngbehaviour behaviour for IE.  I left the PC running whilst I
was away for a couple of hours.  It so happens both Firefox and IE6 had
my slideshow loaded on one page.  After the couple of hours, those two
were consuming 100% of CPU and had pretty well brought the PC to a halt.
It hadn't crashed per se, it was just taking 15+ minutes to register a
keystroke.

Cheers,

Chris

Re: widgets & their templates

Martin Cooper-3

On 12/9/05, Chris Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am just starting to dip my tool into the world of Dojo and I have a
few questions I haven't been able to find the answers to.

First, is it possible to search the whole of the mailing list archives?
I couldn't find a way to do that so I apologise if my questions have
been asked before.

There's a link to the archives on the Dojo community page:

http://dojotoolkit.org/community/

That will take you to Gmane, where you can search the archives. I'm not sure how far back they go, but probably far enough.

--
Martin Cooper

[...]

Bill Keese-2
Chris Smith wrote:
> - Is it possible to alter the template files a particular instance of
> the widget will use?

I thought you could do

Haven't tried it though.