trigger dijit.form.DateTextBox by dijit.popup.open

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

trigger dijit.form.DateTextBox by dijit.popup.open

vtsuper
There are 2 dateTextBox, when I select and click the fromDate, is it possible to automatically open the toDate calender? I know that it is about dijit.popup.open, but I don't know how to implement into my code

From:
<input id="fromDate" type="text" name="fromDate" dojoType="dijit.form.DateTextBox"
required="true" onChange="dijit.popup.open(dijit.ById('toDate'));" />
To:
<input id="toDate" type="text" name="toDate" dojoType="dijit.form.DateTextBox"
required="true" />
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: trigger dijit.form.DateTextBox by dijit.popup.open

Ragnorok
I'm thinking you make want to show the "toDate", not make it a popup,
but it doesn't appear to be hidden, so your question doesn't make as
much sense as it could...

- Rags

On 7/15/2011 4:35 AM, vtsuper wrote:

> There are 2 dateTextBox, when I select and click the fromDate, is it possible
> to automatically open the toDate calender? I know that it is about
> dijit.popup.open, but I don't know how to implement into my code
>
> From:
> <input id="fromDate" type="text" name="fromDate"
> dojoType="dijit.form.DateTextBox"
> required="true" onChange="dijit.popup.open(dijit.ById('toDate'));" />
> To:
> <input id="toDate" type="text" name="toDate"
> dojoType="dijit.form.DateTextBox"
> required="true" />
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/trigger-dijit-form-DateTextBox-by-dijit-popup-open-tp3171411p3171411.html
> Sent from the Dojo Toolkit mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> ________________________________________________________
> Dojotoolkit: http://dojotoolkit.org
> Reference Guide: http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide
> API Documentation: http://dojotoolkit.org/api
> Tutorials: http://dojotoolkit.org/documentation
>
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.dojotoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/dojo-interest

________________________________________________________
Dojotoolkit: http://dojotoolkit.org
Reference Guide: http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide
API Documentation: http://dojotoolkit.org/api
Tutorials: http://dojotoolkit.org/documentation

[hidden email]
http://mail.dojotoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/dojo-interest
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: trigger dijit.form.DateTextBox by dijit.popup.open

vtsuper
yes, you are right, I'm not going to make it a popup.

they are 2 DateTextBox, after the user selected the fromDate, the toDate calendar will be open automatically(this is a hints to remind the user input the toDate)

so it is not possible to do that???
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: trigger dijit.form.DateTextBox by dijit.popup.open

Bill Keese-2
I can see why you want that, but it sounds difficult, especially because the popup code is not setup to open multiple popups simultaneously, unless one is a child of the other (like a TooltipDialog with a DateTextBox that opens a Calendar).

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM, vtsuper <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes, you are right, I'm not going to make it a popup.

they are 2 DateTextBox, after the user selected the fromDate, the toDate
calendar will be open automatically(this is a hints to remind the user input
the toDate)

so it is not possible to do that???

--
View this message in context: http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/trigger-dijit-form-DateTextBox-by-dijit-popup-open-tp3171411p3174005.html
Sent from the Dojo Toolkit mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
________________________________________________________
Dojotoolkit: http://dojotoolkit.org
Reference Guide: http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide
API Documentation: http://dojotoolkit.org/api
Tutorials: http://dojotoolkit.org/documentation

[hidden email]
http://mail.dojotoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/dojo-interest


________________________________________________________
Dojotoolkit: http://dojotoolkit.org
Reference Guide: http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide
API Documentation: http://dojotoolkit.org/api
Tutorials: http://dojotoolkit.org/documentation

[hidden email]
http://mail.dojotoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/dojo-interest
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: trigger dijit.form.DateTextBox by dijit.popup.open

vtsuper
but I'm not want to open multiple popup simultaneously, I want to open the toDate, when fromDate value changed/clicked/closed.

dijit.popup.open(dijit.byId('test')); can't achieve this target?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: trigger dijit.form.DateTextBox by dijit.popup.open

Bill Keese-2
Oh, in that case try toDate.focus() followed by toDate.openDropDown() or toDate.toggleDropDown().

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 1:18 PM, vtsuper <[hidden email]> wrote:
but I'm not want to open multiple popup simultaneously, I want to open the
toDate, when fromDate value changed/clicked/closed.

dijit.popup.open(dijit.byId('test')); can't achieve this target?

--
View this message in context: http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/trigger-dijit-form-DateTextBox-by-dijit-popup-open-tp3171411p3178150.html
Sent from the Dojo Toolkit mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
________________________________________________________
Dojotoolkit: http://dojotoolkit.org
Reference Guide: http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide
API Documentation: http://dojotoolkit.org/api
Tutorials: http://dojotoolkit.org/documentation

[hidden email]
http://mail.dojotoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/dojo-interest


________________________________________________________
Dojotoolkit: http://dojotoolkit.org
Reference Guide: http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide
API Documentation: http://dojotoolkit.org/api
Tutorials: http://dojotoolkit.org/documentation

[hidden email]
http://mail.dojotoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/dojo-interest
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: trigger dijit.form.DateTextBox by dijit.popup.open

vtsuper
thats great, finally I solve my problem by

fromDate.onChange=function(){toDate.openDropDown();}

thanks!!!!