Quantcast

titles in charting

dojonewb
Making titles in charts seemed simple enough.  I made this

var x = new dojox.charting.Chart2D("test", {
            title: "On Time Delivery Performance",
            titlePos: "top",
            titleGap: 25,
            titleFont: "normal normal normal 15pt Arial",
            titleFontColor: "orange"
            })
            .addPlot("default", {
                type: "Lines",
                hAxis: "x",
                vAxis: "y",
                lines: true,
                areas: false,
                markers: true,
                animate: { duration: 1000 }
            })
            .addAxis("x", {
                vertical: false,
                labels: [1,2],
                title: 'X title'
            })
            .addAxis("y", {
                vertical: true,
                max: 1.2,
                title: 'On Time by Percent',

            })
            .addSeries("series1", [1, 2], {plot: "default"})
            .render();

Which I couldn't get to work for the life of me in jsFiddle, except once,
because dojo.require('dojox.charting.Chart2D'); didn't pull up the necessary
files in the right scope.  It works on my page except the titles part. Did I put
the title stuff in the rigth place.  There's not one example of a chart with
titles in dojox/charting/test so I guess it wasn't tested.  Everything else is
way more functional than anything else I've seen, except microsoft excel.

Re: titles in charting

kitsonk
While I can't assist you with your one problem, just to mention that as of dojo 1.6 (I believe) dojox.charting.Chart2D is deprecated and your requires need to include dojox.charting.Chart and whatever other requirements you specifically require.  .Chart2D is likely to go away of the dinosaur very quickly.

As far as the titles though, what version of Dojo and what target browser?  Because Charting uses GFX, you can sometimes run into issues with GFX that actually have nothing to do with Charting.

On 8 August 2011 17:07, dojonewb <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I've looked everywhere to try and find the version I'm running.  It's not at the
beginning of dojo.js or in some function or comment.  I tried
dojo.version.toString(), and it gave me: 0.0.0dev (22487)

Is there a huge difference between chart2D and the 1.6 version.  Am I climbing
this learning curve for nothing, because aside from having to have your data and
labels in perfect order on separate arrays, this thing is pretty snazzy

Re: titles in charting

Eugene Lazutkin
The API is the same so all your investment of time into Chart2D is safe.
The major difference is that Chart2D includes all possible charts, which
was fine, until we got too many of them, and it started to hurt the load
time. With new Chart you just have to require all plots and axes you
actually use in your specific charts. It makes the whole thing leaner
without sacrificing any features, or changing the API.

Cheers,

Eugene Lazutkin
Dojo Toolkit, Committer
http://lazutkin.com/

On 08/08/2011 04:01 PM, dojonewb wrote:

> I've looked everywhere to try and find the version I'm running.  It's not at the
> beginning of dojo.js or in some function or comment.  I tried
> dojo.version.toString(), and it gave me: 0.0.0dev (22487)
>
> Is there a huge difference between chart2D and the 1.6 version.  Am I climbing
> this learning curve for nothing, because aside from having to have your data and
> labels in perfect order on separate arrays, this thing is pretty snazzy

Re: titles in charting

dojonewb
Eugene Lazutkin <eugene.lazutkin <at> gmail.com> writes:

Great!  This stuff is gold!  I normally do stuff for my wife's scrapbook store,
but we were trying to use crystal reports at work with crystal server, and this
charting tool is way cheaper and $5k plus licenses cheaper.