problem with dstore

Farley Carter
I am just starting to learn about dstore.

my javascript is
require(["dojo/parser",  "dstore/Rest", "dojo/domReady!"],
        function(parser, Rest) {

     parser.parse();

    userStore = new Rest({
        target : "/db/user.php"
        })

});

This generates an error:
SyntaxError: import declarations may only appear at top level

import * as dstore from 'interfaces';

There is a hesitation and eventually a time out error:
Error: timeout

return mix(new Error(error), {src:"dojoLoader", info:info});

dojo.js (line 106)
src: dojoLoader
dojo.js (line 1882)
info: Object { dstore/QueryMethod=1,  /js/dstore/QueryMethod.js=1}

prior to this I got a 404 not found error on QueryMethod.js. A check of the dstore folder and I found QueryMethod.ts which I renamed to QueryMethod.js
Farley
Any argument is viable, until logic and reality set in.

Re: problem with dstore

Kenneth G. Franqueiro
How did you obtain dstore?  I suspect you tried using dstore/master
which is partially converted to typescript.  You should be obtaining an
actual release version (1.1.1 and 1.0.3 are the latest) of dstore via bower.

--Ken

On 3/11/2016 11:28 AM, Farley Carter wrote:

> I am just starting to learn about dstore.
>
> my javascript is
> *require(["dojo/parser",  "dstore/Rest", "dojo/domReady!"],
>         function(parser, Rest) {
>
>      parser.parse();
>
>     userStore = new Rest({
>         target : "/db/user.php"
> })
>
> });*
>
> This generates an error:
> *SyntaxError: import declarations may only appear at top level
>

> import * as dstore from 'interfaces';*
>
> There is a hesitation and eventually a time out error:
> *Error: timeout
>

> return mix(new Error(error), {src:"dojoLoader", info:info});
>
> dojo.js (line 106)
> src: dojoLoader
> dojo.js (line 1882)
> info: Object { dstore/QueryMethod=1,  /js/dstore/QueryMethod.js=1}*
>

> prior to this I got a 404 not found error on QueryMethod.js. A check of the
> dstore folder and I found QueryMethod.*ts* which I renamed to
> *QueryMethod.js*
>

> -----
> Farley
> Any argument is viable, until logic and reality set in.

Re: problem with dstore

Farley Carter
That would be it.

But does bower work in a windows environment?

Farley
Farley
Any argument is viable, until logic and reality set in.

Re: problem with dstore

Farley Carter
Thanks Ken.

I found and installed bower in my Windows Environment. Got Dgrid errors are gone.