onload triggering events inside content pane?

onload triggering events inside content pane?

Jay Onda

Lets see if anyone has a good way to do this.

Scenario:

I have a TabPane with 4 tabs.
   The last tab is a content pane which calls an html file containing a form.
   When the tab's content pane loads, i want to call a script that will populate the form fields with serverside data.

I have a script that will retrieve the data and populates the form
BUT
I want to do an onload type event to trigger it so when the form renders, the fields will contain data.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
-Jay

Re: onload triggering events inside content pane?

jessek
I think you can set it with an attribute on your individual tabs..Something like onShow="myFunction()" right? (Hopefully I'm not thinking of another widget)

On 3/28/06, Jay Onda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Lets see if anyone has a good way to do this.

Scenario:

I have a TabPane with 4 tabs.
   The last tab is a content pane which calls an html file containing a form.
   When the tab's content pane loads, i want to call a script that will populate the form fields with serverside data.

I have a script that will retrieve the data and populates the form
BUT
I want to do an onload type event to trigger it so when the form renders, the fields will contain data.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
-Jay

Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

Open source based consulting work centered around dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.   http://opennotion.com

Re: onload triggering events inside content pane?

Jay Onda
Hey Jesse!

Thanks for the quick response.
I thought i tried this but after digging my colleciton of threads it was there. The correct syntax is...

I thought i tried this...
Gotta lay off the caffine. hahaha

-Jay

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

Open source based consulting work centered around dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.  <a href="http://opennotion.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> http://opennotion.com

Re: onload triggering events inside content pane?

Bill Keese-2
Jay Onda wrote:

> onLoad="mysuperscript();" ></div>

Yup, that will work.  But wouldn't it be easier if form.jsp populated
the fields for you?

Bill

Re: onload triggering events inside content pane?

Jay Onda

Ya.
I've cut out a lot of the unrelated non-sense and changing things around to keep my questions simple.
=)

-Jay

On 3/29/06, Bill Keese <[hidden email]> wrote:
Jay Onda wrote:

> onLoad="mysuperscript();" ></div>

Yup, that will work.  But wouldn't it be easier if form.jsp populated
the fields for you?

Bill

Re: onload triggering events inside content pane?

dharmendra
then how it will be populate the data ...I need the same here ...