noDataMessage on dgrid/Grid

Michael Schall
I am using a Grid with the SingleQuery extension (http://dgrid.io/tutorials/1.0/single_query/) because once rendered I don't want a row to be removed.  If it helps, we only use Memory dstore instances.

However, I would also like to use the noDataMessage.  It seems that the OnDemandGrid via OnDemandList has support for this or it can be added with extensions like Pagination.

If I'm using dgrid/Grid, am I correct that I will need to add noDataMessage functionality to the SingleQuery extension or a new extension (copy it over from Pagination)?  Just want to make sure I'm not missing something easy.

Would it be a better approach to use the OnDemandGrid with a farOffRemoval: Infinity?

Thanks

Mike