dojox/charting clustered Column bar color disordered

dojox/charting clustered Column bar color disordered

petrel
Hello All,

Just compare

http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.6.1/dojo-release-1.6.1/dojox/charting/tests/test_themes.html

http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.8.1/dojo-release-1.8.1/dojox/charting/tests/test_themes.html

quick switch the two page, you'll noticed the difference: only the middle bottom chart, clustered column bar's color reversed. this caused my customer confused as the former color now is for the other series.

I believe this should be a bug, just wonder any easy way to workaround it, I am using claro theme.

Thanks!

Regards,
David

Re: dojox/charting clustered Column bar color disordered

Christophe Jolif-2
Hi David,

I have registered a bug:

I hope this going to be fixed in 1.8.2.

Meanwhile I guess you can just take your theme and reverse the color order to get back to the previous behavior?

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:01 PM, petrel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello All,

Just compare

http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.6.1/dojo-release-1.6.1/dojox/charting/tests/test_themes.html

http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.8.1/dojo-release-1.8.1/dojox/charting/tests/test_themes.html

quick switch the two page, you'll noticed the difference: only the middle
bottom chart, clustered column bar's color reversed. this caused my customer
confused as the former color now is for the other series.

I believe this should be a bug, just wonder any easy way to workaround it, I
am using claro theme.

Thanks!

Regards,
David

Christophe

Re: dojox/charting clustered Column bar color disordered

petrel
Hello  Christophe,

Thanks a lot! I researched but can't figure out how to revert it back. I know I can specify the {stroke:... fill:...} when adding series to specify the color of the columns, but I use Claro theme, it use gradient colors, more complicate...

David

Re: dojox/charting clustered Column bar color disordered

Christophe Jolif-2
You can try (not tested), something like the following:

require(["dojox/charting/themes/Claro"], function(Claro){
  var initialFill = Claro.seriesTheme;
  // todo: sort the initialFill array in reserver order
  var reserveFill = sortFunction(initialFill);
  Claro.seriesTheme = reverseFill;
  myChart.setThmee(Claro);
});