Quantcast

dojoConfig + scopeMap: how?

Felix E. Klee
Seems like the following documentation is outdated:

http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/quickstart/multiversion.html

It mentions "djConfig", but that is deprecated:

<url:http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/releasenotes/1.6.html#djconf
ig-deprecated>

However, when specifying "dojoConfig", then the "scopeMap" is not
applied. It looks like "dojoConfig" is not recognized at all.

So what to do?

Also: Where do I find exhaustive documentation concerning all the
"dojoConfig" parameters and their default values?

--
Dipl.-Phys. Felix E. Klee
Mobile: +49.174.1386060

Re: dojoConfig + scopeMap: how?

Karl Tiedt
dojoConfig has never existed... the replacement for djConfig would be
dojo-data-config I imagine, the live test cases should be using that
method to confirm it.

Re: dojoConfig + scopeMap: how?

Felix E. Klee
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Karl Tiedt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> dojoConfig has never existed...

Well, then the documentation is wrong in various places, including the
aforementioned release notes which give an example:

  var dojoConfig = { parseOnLoad:true }

> the replacement for djConfig would be dojo-data-config I imagine

That wouldn't be a good replacement due to issues with proxy servers
mentioned in the "djConfig" documentation:

  http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/djConfig.html

It states:

  Warning: This approach will not work correctly if your code goes
  through a proxy that re-writes the HTML and possibly inlines script
  src files in the HTML. One known case this happens is with UMTS
  broadband connections. Favor approach #2 below for those cases

So, is there no replacement for "djConfig"?

Also, where do I find documentation on all the options available?

Re: dojoConfig + scopeMap: how?

Kenneth G. Franqueiro
dojoConfig does exist, and is indeed the proper global variable to
populate as of 1.6, rather than djConfig.

Normally I'd point to the release version of the docs, but in this case
if I'm not mistaken the docs for dojoConfig weren't sufficiently updated
until after the 1.6 push, so I'll link from the doc wiki:

http://docs.dojocampus.org/dojo/config

--Ken

On 8/1/2011 10:17 AM, Felix E. Klee wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Karl Tiedt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> dojoConfig has never existed...
>
> Well, then the documentation is wrong in various places, including the
> aforementioned release notes which give an example:
>
>   var dojoConfig = { parseOnLoad:true }
>
>> the replacement for djConfig would be dojo-data-config I imagine
>
> That wouldn't be a good replacement due to issues with proxy servers
> mentioned in the "djConfig" documentation:
>
>   http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/djConfig.html
>
> It states:
>
>   Warning: This approach will not work correctly if your code goes
>   through a proxy that re-writes the HTML and possibly inlines script
>   src files in the HTML. One known case this happens is with UMTS
>   broadband connections. Favor approach #2 below for those cases
>
> So, is there no replacement for "djConfig"?
>
> Also, where do I find documentation on all the options available?

Re: dojoConfig + scopeMap: how?

Karl Tiedt
Interesting short coming in the docs :/

I was about to mention that the link referenced by Felix made no
mention of it either, we should probably push to get the release
notes/1.6 doc page updated if this was in fact available in 1.6

Re: dojoConfig + scopeMap: how?

Felix E. Klee
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Karl Tiedt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Interesting short coming in the docs :/

This doesn't seem to be a documentation bug. "dojoConfig" is supported,
though only halfheartedly. Excerpts from "dojo.js.uncompressed.js":

  if((sMap || (typeof djConfig != "undefined" && djConfig.scopeMap))
&& (typeof window != "undefined")){

  var cfg = typeof djConfig != "undefined" ? djConfig :
      typeof dojoConfig != "undefined" ? dojoConfig : null;

Note the missing check for "dojoConfig" in the first excerpt.

Re: dojoConfig + scopeMap: how?

Felix E. Klee
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Kenneth G. Franqueiro
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://docs.dojocampus.org/dojo/config

Thanks for the link!