dojo.require set header

FreshSoftware.net

I am looking for a work around to defeat a cross-domain policy. Is there a way to set and httpd header inside of dojo.require? Like:

dojo.require(["esri.dijit.HomeButton"],function(){

                //Set header similar to: header(“Access-Control-Allow-Origin:”, “ *”);

Re: dojo.require set header

dylanks
With more recent versions of Dojo, you can use AMD which works
cross-domain for loading modules.

For XHRs, you can rely on CORS with dojo/request if you focus on
browsers with CORS support and you configure your server with the
appropriate headers.

on 6/27/16, 14:40 (GMT-07:00) FreshSoftware.net said the following:

> I am looking for a work around to defeat a cross-domain policy. Is there
> a way to set and httpd header inside of dojo.require? Like:
>

> dojo.require(["esri.dijit.HomeButton"],function(){
>
>                 //Set header similar to:
> header(“Access-Control-Allow-Origin:”, “ *”);
>
> });

Re: dojo.require set header

FreshSoftware.net
Unfortunately I do not have access to the server. The server Arcgis map
service and I am running their legacy module which has documentation at
https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/3/jsapi/homebutton.html.

I am new to Dojo. Do you have an AMD example?

Thanx,
Sulaiman

With more recent versions of Dojo, you can use AMD which works cross-domain
for loading modules.

For XHRs, you can rely on CORS with dojo/request if you focus on browsers
with CORS support and you configure your server with the appropriate
headers.

on 6/27/16, 14:40 (GMT-07:00) FreshSoftware.net said the following:

> I am looking for a work around to defeat a cross-domain policy. Is
> there a way to set and httpd header inside of dojo.require? Like:
>

> dojo.require(["esri.dijit.HomeButton"],function(){
>
>                 //Set header similar to:
> header("Access-Control-Allow-Origin:", " *");
>
> });

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>
> Virus-free. www.avast.com
> campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

---

Re: dojo.require set header

Dustin Machi
Are you having problems loading the Javascript or is the javascript that is loaded having problems accessing the ArcGIS API cross domain?

I’m assuming that you are loading the javascript from your server and only accessing the api cross domain. In this case the server will need to be configured to allow the cross-domain requests.  By default, ArcGIS allows cross-domain requests.  If it is not allowing them, then it must have been specifically configured to only allow cross-domain requests from certain domains.  http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/10.3/administer/linux/restricting-cross-domain-requests-to-arcgis-server.htm

Dustin

On Jun 28, 2016, at 12:48 PM, FreshSoftware.net <[hidden email]> wrote:

Unfortunately I do not have access to the server. The server Arcgis map
service and I am running their legacy module which has documentation at
https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/3/jsapi/homebutton.html.

I am new to Dojo. Do you have an AMD example?

Thanx,
Sulaiman

Re: dojo.require set header

FreshSoftware.net

Dustin:

Sorry for the late reply.

The problem I am having is loading the ArcGis API Cross Domain (not from my own server). If you look at the source of the link below on line 47 you will see that I have enabled the dojo.require("esri.dijit.HomeButton") I get an error that says “uncaught exception: Could not load cross-domain resources: esri.dijit.HomeButton” coincidentally I also get a map undefined error whenever I enable HomeButton and several other features.

Your advice is appreciated,
Sulaiman

Re: dojo.require set header

dylanks
Esri certainly supports more modern AMD syntax with their APIs. The
syntax you are using is primarily the legacy version from several years
ago. It would really help to know which versions of Dojo and the Esri
API you are using...

on 6/30/16, 12:05 (GMT-07:00) FreshSoftware.net said the following:

> Dustin:
>

> Sorry for the late reply.
>

> The problem I am having is loading the ArcGis API Cross Domain (not from my own server). If you look at the source of the link below on line 47 you will see that I have enabled the *dojo.require("esri.dijit.HomeButton") *I get an error that says “uncaught exception: Could not load cross-domain resources: esri.dijit.HomeButton” coincidentally I also get a map undefined error whenever I enable HomeButton and several other features.
>

> Your advice is appreciated,
>
> Sulaiman

Re: dojo.require set header

FreshSoftware.net
I am using the legacy version which can be found at http://serverapi.arcgisonline.com/jsapi/arcgis/?v=2.6.

The new AMD version has a very slow radius/circle function so I am using the legacy version and my development is almost done except for this error.

Sulaiman

Esri certainly supports more modern AMD syntax with their APIs. The syntax you are using is primarily the legacy version from several years ago. It would really help to know which versions of Dojo and the Esri API you are using...

on 6/30/16, 12:05 (GMT-07:00) FreshSoftware.net said the following:

> Dustin:
>

> Sorry for the late reply.
>

> The problem I am having is loading the ArcGis API Cross Domain (not from my own server). If you look at the source of the link below on line 47 you will see that I have enabled the *dojo.require("esri.dijit.HomeButton") *I get an error that says “uncaught exception: Could not load cross-domain resources: esri.dijit.HomeButton” coincidentally I also get a map undefined error whenever I enable HomeButton and several other features.
>

> Your advice is appreciated,
>
> Sulaiman

Ok, then you need to follow the instructions at
https://dojotoolkit.org/documentation/tutorials/1.6/cdn/ to use
dojo.xd.js, though there are limits with what can be loaded cross-domain
with the pre-AMD loader...