Quantcast

dojo.io.iframe: Permission denied to access property 'getElementsByTagName'

dojo.io.iframe: Permission denied to access property 'getElementsByTagName'

Victor Danilchenko
        Hi guys,

        I am trying to load the contents of a cross-domain component from
another server, using dojo.io.iframe API; and I am getting the following
error:

        Permission denied to access property 'getElementsByTagName'

I did everything as per examples on using dojo.io.iframe, and wrapped
the returned data in <textarea>, but I still get this error. Now it
looks like cross-domain issue, but isn't working with the cross-domain
security restrictions the very point of dojo.io.iframe?

        You can access the live problem code example at
http://www.askonline.net/wp-content/themes/askonline/site-selector3.php

        Anyway, here is my HTML:

<script src="http://www.google.com/jsapi"></script>
<script>google.load("dojo", "1.7");</script>
<script>
dojo.config.dojoBlankHtmlUrl = "/blank.html";
dojo.require("dojo.io.iframe");

dojo.ready (function () {
     dojo.io.iframe.send ({
         url:     "http://services.askonline.net/ajax/site-selector.mas",
         content: {callback: "select_site", textwrap: 1},
         load:    function (data) { alert ("Got:\n\n" + data);},
         error:   function (e)    { alert ("Error: " +  e.message);}
</script>

        Here is the response HTML from the site-selector.mas component:

        And here is my blank.html:

        The page makes the request, but then is unable to process it. I thought
this might have something to do with the CDN-loaded Dojo, but I tried
be weird is that according to Firebug, blank.html never completes
into the browser just fine.

        Am I missing something obvious here?

        Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Re: dojo.io.iframe: Permission denied to access property 'getElementsByTagName'

Jared Jurkiewicz
   Is your iframe request cross-domain?   If it is, the browser cuts
off all access to the document returned by the iframe request, for
security purposes.

Sincerely,
-- Jared Jurkiewicz

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Victor Danilchenko
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>        Hi guys,
>
>        I am trying to load the contents of a cross-domain component from
> another server, using dojo.io.iframe API; and I am getting the following
> error:
>
>        Permission denied to access property 'getElementsByTagName'
>
> I did everything as per examples on using dojo.io.iframe, and wrapped
> the returned data in <textarea>, but I still get this error. Now it
> looks like cross-domain issue, but isn't working with the cross-domain
> security restrictions the very point of dojo.io.iframe?
>
>        You can access the live problem code example at
> http://www.askonline.net/wp-content/themes/askonline/site-selector3.php
>
>        Anyway, here is my HTML:

> <script src="http://www.google.com/jsapi"></script>
> <script>google.load("dojo", "1.7");</script>
> <script>
> dojo.config.dojoBlankHtmlUrl = "/blank.html";
> dojo.require("dojo.io.iframe");
>
> dojo.ready (function () {
>     dojo.io.iframe.send ({
>         url:     "http://services.askonline.net/ajax/site-selector.mas",
>         content: {callback: "select_site", textwrap: 1},
>         load:    function (data) { alert ("Got:\n\n" + data);},
>         error:   function (e)    { alert ("Error: " +  e.message);}
>     });
> });
> </script>
>
>        Here is the response HTML from the site-selector.mas component:

>        And here is my blank.html:

>        The page makes the request, but then is unable to process it. I thought
> this might have something to do with the CDN-loaded Dojo, but I tried
> be weird is that according to Firebug, blank.html never completes
> into the browser just fine.
>
>        Am I missing something obvious here?
>
>        Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Re: dojo.io.iframe: Permission denied to access property 'getElementsByTagName'

Jared Jurkiewicz
And dojo.io.script is the main way to get around cross-domain
restrictions.  iframes still have them.  If the source of an iframe is
a different domain from the rest of the page, the browser cuts off
access to the document.

Sincerely,
-- Jared Jurkiewicz

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Jared Jurkiewicz
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Is your iframe request cross-domain?   If it is, the browser cuts
> off all access to the document returned by the iframe request, for
> security purposes.
>
> Sincerely,
> -- Jared Jurkiewicz
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Victor Danilchenko
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>        Hi guys,
>>
>>        I am trying to load the contents of a cross-domain component from
>> another server, using dojo.io.iframe API; and I am getting the following
>> error:
>>
>>        Permission denied to access property 'getElementsByTagName'
>>
>> I did everything as per examples on using dojo.io.iframe, and wrapped
>> the returned data in <textarea>, but I still get this error. Now it
>> looks like cross-domain issue, but isn't working with the cross-domain
>> security restrictions the very point of dojo.io.iframe?
>>
>>        You can access the live problem code example at
>> http://www.askonline.net/wp-content/themes/askonline/site-selector3.php
>>
>>        Anyway, here is my HTML:

>> <script src="http://www.google.com/jsapi"></script>
>> <script>google.load("dojo", "1.7");</script>
>> <script>
>> dojo.config.dojoBlankHtmlUrl = "/blank.html";
>> dojo.require("dojo.io.iframe");
>>
>> dojo.ready (function () {
>>     dojo.io.iframe.send ({
>>         url:     "http://services.askonline.net/ajax/site-selector.mas",
>>         content: {callback: "select_site", textwrap: 1},
>>         load:    function (data) { alert ("Got:\n\n" + data);},
>>         error:   function (e)    { alert ("Error: " +  e.message);}
>>     });
>> });
>> </script>
>>
>>        Here is the response HTML from the site-selector.mas component:

>>        And here is my blank.html:

>>        The page makes the request, but then is unable to process it. I thought
>> this might have something to do with the CDN-loaded Dojo, but I tried
>> be weird is that according to Firebug, blank.html never completes
>> into the browser just fine.
>>
>>        Am I missing something obvious here?
>>
>>        Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Re: dojo.io.iframe: Permission denied to access property 'getElementsByTagName'

Jared Jurkiewicz
And the main point of dojo.io.iframe was to have a way to upload files
(xhr cannot access the file system to pull files denoted by input
fields, but iframes can using native form submit).

Sincerely,
-- Jared Jurkiewicz