Quantcast

dijit.form.Select

Christian Gäking
Hello everyone.

If I create a custom validation-function to dijit.form.Select the invalidMessage I configured is not being displayed.
Instead I get the "This field is required" message, although not even "required" is enabled.

Greeting,
Christian Gäking

Re: dijit.form.Select

Christian Gäking
Imagine for example a link-list. Selecting an element will fire a xhrget to check if the link is available and valid. So the links can/should be in the selection available and the validation is done when selecting them. Is this so unusual? Otherwise I can't explain to the user why the link/element is sometimes not available for selection.
Another example would be if the select depends on a filtering select element. If this other element has a valid input, the selection is valid as well.
The thing is the validation is done when the user selects the element (in my case) and not earlier.