Quantcast

dijit components layout broke on IE11 Enterprise mode

dijit components layout broke on IE11 Enterprise mode

overlo4ded
Hi,
I have a dojo 1.9.1 application running on IE11 and IE11 Enterprise mode.
In IE11 Enterprise I've found that some dijit/dojox widget does not display correctly.
- dijit/dojox Dialogs pops up with the left upper corner centered in the middle of the screen ( overflowing to the right )
- dijit/layout/TabContainer seems to render correctly but immediately after disappear.

TabContainer rendering change behavior setting doLayout=false

doLayout=false : display correctly inner content panes but do not display Tab strips
doLayout=true : render correctly but right after everything disappear.

Problems should be related to some resizing or positioning that broke on IE11 Enterprise.
Sometimes seems that problems occurs the first time the component is rendered only..

Anyone got same problems?
Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Re: dijit components layout broke on IE11 Enterprise mode

dylanks
Hi Marco,

Dojo 1.9.1 was released in June, 2013, whereas IE11 was released in
August, 2013. The issue is that IE11 introduced a number of breaking
changes, which we started fixing in 1.9.2.

I would suggest trying out Dojo 1.9.8, which is simply a backport of a
number of non-breaking fixes, and thus should be an easy upgrade unless
you have modified Dojo itself. If you still see the same issues with
1.9.8, then please let us know!

Also, enterprise mode is basically allowing you to emulate IE7 or IE8
behavior. We don't officially support similar quirks modes approaches,
because they can have many problems. For example, IE8 behavior in IE11
would have no native vector graphics engine because VML was actually
removed from IE11 and not available through compatibility mode.

We'd need to know what the various values of dojo/has are evaluating to
for checks for ie and trident to help diagnose further.

on 5/5/16, 03:09 (GMT-07:00) Marco said the following:

> Hi,
> I have a dojo 1.9.1 application running on IE11 and IE11 Enterprise mode.
> In IE11 Enterprise I've found that some dijit/dojox widget does not
> display correctly.
> - dijit/dojox Dialogs pops up with the left upper corner centered in the
> middle of the screen ( overflowing to the right )
> - dijit/layout/TabContainer seems to render correctly but immediately
> after disappear.
>
> TabContainer rendering change behavior setting doLayout=false
>
> doLayout=false : display correctly inner content panes but do not
> display Tab strips
> doLayout=true : render correctly but right after everything disappear.
>
> Problems should be related to some resizing or positioning that broke on
> IE11 Enterprise.
> Sometimes seems that problems occurs the first time the component is
> rendered only..
>
> Anyone got same problems?
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks in advance

Re: dijit components layout broke on IE11 Enterprise mode

overlo4ded
Hi,
I've updated to 1.9.8 but nothing changed and problems persists.
Unfortunately IE11 emulating IE8 is not a choice but an enforcement and we have to make it works :)

Here some extra informations on user agent and has params:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0)

config-selectorEngine:acme
dojo-debug-messages:false
bug-for-in-skips-shadowed:0
quirks:false
dojo-force-activex-xhr:false
native-xhr:true
dojo-gettext-api:1
dojo-loader-eval-hint-url:1
ie-event-behavior:true
host-browser:1
dom:1
dom-addeventlistener:false
touch:false
device-width:1280
dom-attributes-explicit:false
dom-attributes-specified-flag:true
dojo-preload-i18n-Api:1
json-parse:true
json-stringify:true
jscript:5.8
event-orientationchange:false
event-stopimmediatepropagation:false
activex:true
native-xhr2:false
native-formdata:false
dom-qsa2.1:true
air:false
mac:false
trident:4
ie:8
wii:false

thanks in advance for any advice

ps : I had similar problem with dojox/widget/Dialog pops up with top-left corner centered in the middle of the screen and monkey patched
repositioning dialog after _sowContent.
Problems on TabContainer seems something like this... I can see it correctly rendered and immediatly after it disappear ( maybe repositioned, resized or similar ).
I think these problems share the same source and it's bound to IE11 Enterprise but I don't know where to start from :)