dGrid Tree not rendering properly (JSFiddle exists!)

dGrid Tree not rendering properly (JSFiddle exists!)

Harry Devine
I've been fighting the dGrid Tree for several days now, and just got a JSFiddle working to show the problem.  The fiddle is at : http://jsfiddle.net/077enfjw/4/

What's happening is that the child data is showing up as their own items in the grid, and when I click on one of the parent nodes to open that node, the parents all disappear and only the children remain.

Please help!  I've been chasing my tail on this for about 5 days now.

Thanks,
Harry

Re: dGrid Tree not rendering properly (JSFiddle exists!)

Karl Tiedt
Several basics missing there, here is a fixed one: http://jsfiddle.net/077enfjw/6/

Short of it:

1) you were not supplying ids for your rules, so the store wasnt quite sure what to do with them
2) your query for children was wrong
3) you supplied no query for your top level grid data

-Karl Tiedt

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Harry Devine <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've been fighting the dGrid Tree for several days now, and just got a JSFiddle working to show the problem.  The fiddle is at : http://jsfiddle.net/077enfjw/4/

What's happening is that the child data is showing up as their own items in the grid, and when I click on one of the parent nodes to open that node, the parents all disappear and only the children remain.

Please help!  I've been chasing my tail on this for about 5 days now.

Thanks,
Harry

Re: dGrid Tree not rendering properly (JSFiddle exists!)

Harry Devine
Awesome Karl!  Thank you for looking at this for me.  I figured I was missing something and obviously I was.  I was looking at it so long, I couldn't "see the forest for the trees" I guess.  Works great now!  Again, many many thanks!

Thanks,
Harry