Quantcast

animation relative units?!

neopersia
Hi

I'm pretty sure I have used some kind of relative units when I was working with dojo animation methods in the past, something like '+=100px'.

After a while not working with dojo, I wanted to use it again but I couldn't. maybe I've forgotten something ;)
Then I started browsing docs and manuals to take a look at syntax and all I found was nothing (just typical examples)

Can anyone please give me a hint about where to look or what phrase to search for this kind of units

Re: animation relative units?!

Jared Jurkiewicz
It's just an option to the animateProperty object.

Covered in the docs:

http://docs.dojocampus.org/dojo/animateProperty

Second example, fontChoice specifing utils of pt.

For say percentage units, you use "%"

Or are you looking for something else?

-- Jared

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM, neopersia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm pretty sure I have used some kind of relative units when I was working
> with dojo animation methods in the past, something like '+=100px'.
>
> After a while not working with dojo, I wanted to use it again but I
> couldn't. maybe I've forgotten something ;)
> Then I started browsing docs and manuals to take a look at syntax and all I
> found was nothing (just typical examples)
>
> Can anyone please give me a hint about where to look or what phrase to
> search for this kind of units

Re: animation relative units?!

neopersia
Thanks for replying but I don't thinks that's what I'm looking for

I didn't mean by percent, what I remember is like what I said
for example to move some DOM element 100 pixels to left, instead of calculating its current left coordinates and adding 100 pixels to it in animation, I could simply write something like '+=100px' in animation properties

I really think it was dojo because I haven't work with any other library for a long time :D

Re: animation relative units?!

Peter Higgins
neopersia wrote:

> Thanks for replying but I don't thinks that's what I'm looking for
>
> I didn't mean by percent, what I remember is like what I said
> for example to move some DOM element 100 pixels to left, instead of
> calculating its current left coordinates and adding 100 pixels to it in
> animation, I could simply write something like '+=100px' in animation
> properties
>
> I really think it was dojo because I haven't work with any other library for
> a long time :D

There is no built-in +=100px parsing going on, all just numbers.

dojo.animateProperty({
       node:"id",
       properties:{
             top: function(n){
                   // increment the node's top value by 100
                   return dojo.position(n).y + 100;
}).play();

I added the top: function(){} or top:{ start:function(){},
end:function(){} } calculation in 1.4

~phiggins

Re: animation relative units?!

neopersia
Ok, thanks peter
sounds like I was wrong :)
Now this +=100px will be bugging me until I figure out where I saw it!

this is how I handled it:
dojo.animateProperty({
        node: gallery.node,
        properties: {
                left: function() {
                        return gallery.node.offsetLeft + step;
        beforeBegin: function() {gallery.locked=true;},
        onEnd: function() {gallery.locked=false;}
}).play();

I notices you passed n to the function, is that animation node being passed to properties?