Quantcast

Widget skins or themes

Daniele Mazzini
What about skinnable widgets in Dojo? I found this page
http://dojo.jot.com/WikiHome/WidgetSkinning which is rather old and
apparently didn't deliver; now I see here:
http://dojo.jot.com/WikiHome/InProgressProjects that it is likely
abandoned. Is this confirmed?

Thanks

Dan

Re: Widget skins or themes

iTorrey
Administrator
Dojo widgets are currently skinnable by anyone... however there is no way to set a theme for all widgets with just a
config parameter.

Currently the best way to skin a dojo widget is to change the template and css template paths for a widget instance.
Once I get done with the Soria theme I will look at creating another theme but it's unclear how that will integrate at
this time.

Torrey

Daniele Mazzini wrote:

> What about skinnable widgets in Dojo? I found this page
> http://dojo.jot.com/WikiHome/WidgetSkinning which is rather old and
> apparently didn't deliver; now I see here:
> http://dojo.jot.com/WikiHome/InProgressProjects that it is likely
> abandoned. Is this confirmed?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan

Re: Widget skins or themes

Daniele Mazzini
Torrey Rice wrote:

>Dojo widgets are currently skinnable by anyone... however there is no way to set a theme for all widgets with just a
>config parameter.
>
>Currently the best way to skin a dojo widget is to change the template and css template paths for a widget instance.
>Once I get done with the Soria theme I will look at creating another theme but it's unclear how that will integrate at
>this time.

Thanks Torrey. What we want is to let the user choose a theme and see
the app with that theme, so setting the same theme for all widgets would
be exactly what we would like. Would it be possible to iterate on all
displayed widgets and change their theme to the chosen one? If you could
point me to any example of something like this it would be very helpful.

Dan

Re: Widget skins or themes

Andrei NECULAU at gmail.com

Replying on Monday, August 7, 2006, 8:47:50 PM

to Daniele Mazzini, writing on Monday, August 7, 2006, 6:40:48 PM.

I'm sure you won't like this too much, but you could take a look at TurboWidgets.

Maybe you will find what you need there!

Cheers,

Andrei

> What about skinnable widgets in Dojo? I found this page

> http://dojo.jot.com/WikiHome/WidgetSkinning which is rather old and

> apparently didn't deliver; now I see here:

> http://dojo.jot.com/WikiHome/InProgressProjects that it is likely

> abandoned. Is this confirmed?

> Thanks

> Dan

===--

Andrei NECULAU - Bucharest - Romania

professional WEB design &

SOFTWARE development

For details, do visit http://andreineculau.wordpress.com !

===--

Check out http://andreineculau.wordpress.com !

Messengers (Yahoo/MSN/Skype) [hidden email]