Why is CheckedMultiSelect so slow rendering 100 items?

Why is CheckedMultiSelect so slow rendering 100 items?

Denis Rykov
I've made a little example: https://jsfiddle.net/uwb5610d/

If the number of options is more than 200, then rendering takes very long time.

Is it expected behaviour?

Re: Why is CheckedMultiSelect so slow rendering 100 items?

Arnd Beissner
If the number of options is more than 200, then rendering takes very long time.

I had this problem quite a while ago. The root cause was that because CheckedMultiSelect is heavily based on templates (each item is a template as well), with each added item parsing is kicked off (I think from within WidgetsInTemplateMixin) - and that is where the time is spent. I am not sure if one can get rid of this without removing the usage of templates.

You can use a dGrid with a checkbox column instead. Regarding checkbox column in dGrid, there is a sample or tutorial somewhere in the dGrid material.
--
Arnd Beißner
Cappelino Informationstechnologie GmbH