Visual Form components

Cosmin Bucur-4
Hi ,

I was just wondering if Dojo provides any custom regular form
components whose style could be customized.

IT looks like both MSIE and FireFox allow styling of some types of
inputs such as buttons , text areas , but styling doesn't work well on
: select , checkbox , radio , which makes it very anoying when trying
to step out of the box visually with a webapp .

Also , any way dojo can help me style scrollbars in Firefox ?

thanks ,
Cosmin

Re: Visual Form components

Karl Guertin
On 12/14/05, Cosmin Bucur <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Also , any way dojo can help me style scrollbars in Firefox ?

The coloring scrollbars is a proprietary MSIE extension, no other
browser supports it. The only way to change scrollbar colors in
firefox is with an extension or theme.

Re: Visual Form components

Karl Guertin
On 12/14/05, Cosmin Bucur <[hidden email]> wrote:
> IT looks like both MSIE and FireFox allow styling of some types of
> inputs such as buttons , text areas , but styling doesn't work well on
> : select , checkbox , radio , which makes it very anoying when trying
> to step out of the box visually with a webapp .

You may be interested in the techniques used here for niceforms[1].

[1] http://www.badboy.ro/articles/2005-07-23/index.php

Re: Visual Form components

Cosmin Bucur-4
Thanks , that looks like exactly what I need .

And I like the fact that , the guy who created that also has his eyes
wide open unlike msot of the web people on this matter . FORM  LOOKS
have to be fully customizable .

And yes I was aware an ticked off that FF isn't capable of suporting
stylized scroolbars ... I feel like in 95 when I first got off 3.1 :)

Thanks again
Cosmin