Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader

Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader

davija
I'm trying to debug a web application that uses dojo & IE 8.  However I am having trouble with this route because the code uses the dojo loader (dojo.provide/dojo.require) and all of the scripts show up as anonymous blocks.  So, trying to find my file is like trying to find a needle in a haystack and often I cannot find it because there are several hundred entries that I have to look through.

Is there any easy way to debug a dojo app in IE?  Dojo seems to have some extra "magic" to allow it to work with chrome & firebug, but does not seem to have solved the IE problem.

In summary, is there an easy way to debug applications using the dojo loader in IE 8?

Re: Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader

neonstalwart
you can try debugAtAllCosts
http://dojotdg.zaffra.com/2008/12/how-debugatallcosts-works-or-a-quick-primer-on-dojos-loaders/

alternatively, you can use a debugger statement to stop execution on a
certain line and make it easier to find your file.

ben...

On 4/4/2011 6:46 PM, davija wrote:

> I'm trying to debug a web application that uses dojo&  IE 8.  However I am
> having trouble with this route because the code uses the dojo loader
> (dojo.provide/dojo.require) and all of the scripts show up as anonymous
> blocks.  So, trying to find my file is like trying to find a needle in a
> haystack and often I cannot find it because there are several hundred
> entries that I have to look through.
>
> Is there any easy way to debug a dojo app in IE?  Dojo seems to have some
> extra "magic" to allow it to work with chrome&  firebug, but does not seem
> to have solved the IE problem.
>
> In summary, is there an easy way to debug applications using the dojo loader
> in IE 8?

Re: Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader

davija
Yeah, tried the debugAtAllCosts with no luck.

It doesn't seem to be inserting the dynamic script tags and I still cannot select those other scripts in the dropdown.

Here is my djConfig:

var modules = {
        "lib" : "../../../lib"
},
requires = [ "lib" ],
djConfig = {
        modulePaths: modules,
        require: requires,
        debugAtAllCosts: true
};

Re: Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader

davija
I was just looking at the docs for djConfig in 1.6 (I am using 1.6) and there is no mention of the debugAtAllCosts or much of any other options from older versions.

Is this an oversight in the documentation, or has this behavior changed in 1.6?

Re: Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader

neonstalwart
i think debugAtAllCosts doesn't work in 1.6 but i haven't verified -
just basing this on other feedback i've seen on this list.

ben...

On 4/5/2011 11:58 AM, davija wrote:

> I was just looking at the docs for djConfig in 1.6 (I am using 1.6) and there
> is no mention of the debugAtAllCosts or much of any other options from older
> versions.
>
> Is this an oversight in the documentation, or has this behavior changed in
> 1.6?

Re: Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader

davija
I've been doing a bit of searching myself and there doesn't seem to be any clear indication of how to enable debugging in 1.6.

Anyone seen anything on how to do this?

RE: Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader

davija

I just tried 1.5.0 instead of 1.6.0 and the debugAtAllCosts does work there.  So, it just looks like we need to find/get some documentation for how to properly debug stuff with dojo 1.6.0 (since they changed things).

Thanks.

http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/Using-IE-8-Script-debugger-with-dojo-loader-tp2777406p2780536.html

To unsubscribe from Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader, click here.

I've been doing a bit of searching myself and there doesn't seem to be any clear indication of how to enable debugging in 1.6.

Anyone seen anything on how to do this?

http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/Using-IE-8-Script-debugger-with-dojo-loader-tp2777406p2780536.html

RE: Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader

davija

Thanks!

I just tried 1.5.0 instead of 1.6.0 and the debugAtAllCosts does work there.  So, it just looks like we need to find/get some documentation for how to properly debug stuff with dojo 1.6.0 (since they changed things).

Thanks.

I've been doing a bit of searching myself and there doesn't seem to be any clear indication of how to enable debugging in 1.6.

Anyone seen anything on how to do this?

http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/Using-IE-8-Script-debugger-with-dojo-loader-tp2777406p2780536.html

http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/Using-IE-8-Script-debugger-with-dojo-loader-tp2777406p2780902.html

To unsubscribe from Using IE 8 Script debugger with dojo loader, click here.