Quantcast

Ternjs for Dojo

klng@intersoln.com
Hi,

Is there a ternjs for Dojo and CodeMirror?

Any plan for dijit.Editor to have similar features to CodeMirror? Line
number, goto line number, syntax highlighting, etc..

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards

Re: Ternjs for Dojo

dylanks
I'm not familiar with anyone having used ternjs with Dojo. The closest
thing we have are typings for TypeScript at https://github.com/dojo/typings/

That said, we do not have typings yet for the dijit/Editor.

In general, the dijit/Editor was intended as a RichText Editor (e.g.
Word, Google Document) rather than a code editor. In our Dojo training
at SitePen, we embed CodeMirror. There's also the Ace editor, Plunkr,
Monaco, and others. I guess the point is, there are several very solid
open source code editors, and the effort to create one is substantial
and hasn't been the focus of Dojo.

We're trying really hard as a project to not have to invent everything,
but make it easier to work with other things.

I hope that helps!

on 2/3/17, 12:42 (GMT-07:00) [hidden email] said the following:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a ternjs for Dojo and CodeMirror?
>
> Any plan for dijit.Editor to have similar features to CodeMirror? Line
> number, goto line number, syntax highlighting, etc..
>
> Thanks in advanced.
>
> Best Regards

Re: Ternjs for Dojo

klng@intersoln.com