TabContainers that are hidden on page load are not visible when they are displayed (fine in 0.2.2).

TabContainers that are hidden on page load are not visible when they are displayed (fine in 0.2.2).

Jonathan Viney-3
Heya,

It seems as if TabContainers that are inside a div with "display:
none;" on page load remain invisible when the div is displayed. This
worked in 0.2 with TabPane, but not 0.3 with TabContainer.

Any ideas?

Other than that 0.3 looks fantastic! Cheers to all contributors :)

-Jonathan.

Re: TabContainers that are hidden on page load are not visible when they are displayed (fine in 0.2.2).

Bill Keese-2
Jonathan Viney wrote:
> It seems as if TabContainers that are inside a div with "display:
> none;" on page load remain invisible when the div is displayed. This
> worked in 0.2 with TabPane, but not 0.3 with TabContainer.

Hmm, I'm not sure that's something we support.  The tabs can't figure
out how to size themselves if they are trapped in a display:none node,
and they have no way of knowing when you changed the node to be displayed.

You could try call show() on the TabContainer.

Re: TabContainers that are hidden on page load are not visible when they are displayed (fine in 0.2.2).

Jonathan Viney-3
It's fair enough that it's not supported, it's just that it worked with 0.2.2.

Running onResized() on the TabContainer once it is visible fixes the
problem, so I'll probably just do that for now.

And.... one more question if I may :). What's the best way to change
the styling of the tabs?

Thanks, Jonathan.

On 5/16/06, Bill Keese <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jonathan Viney wrote:
> > It seems as if TabContainers that are inside a div with "display:
> > none;" on page load remain invisible when the div is displayed. This
> > worked in 0.2 with TabPane, but not 0.3 with TabContainer.
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure that's something we support.  The tabs can't figure
> out how to size themselves if they are trapped in a display:none node,
> and they have no way of knowing when you changed the node to be displayed.
>
> You could try call show() on the TabContainer.

Re: TabContainers that are hidden on page load are not visible when they are displayed (fine in 0.2.2).

iTorrey
Administrator
Jonathan Viney wrote:
> It's fair enough that it's not supported, it's just that it worked with
> 0.2.2.
>
> Running onResized() on the TabContainer once it is visible fixes the
> problem, so I'll probably just do that for now.
>
> And.... one more question if I may :). What's the best way to change
> the styling of the tabs?

Use your own images in place of the default ones.

> Thanks, Jonathan.
>
> On 5/16/06, Bill Keese <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Jonathan Viney wrote:
>> > It seems as if TabContainers that are inside a div with "display:
>> > none;" on page load remain invisible when the div is displayed. This
>> > worked in 0.2 with TabPane, but not 0.3 with TabContainer.
>>
>> Hmm, I'm not sure that's something we support.  The tabs can't figure
>> out how to size themselves if they are trapped in a display:none node,
>> and they have no way of knowing when you changed the node to be
>> displayed.
>>
>> You could try call show() on the TabContainer.

Re: TabContainers that are hidden on page load are not visible when they are displayed (fine in 0.2.2).

Bill Keese-2
Sure, onResized() makes sense.  For changing the tab style you just
override the CSS for the tabs (see the FAQ for an example), but note
that tab labels are made with images so changing the color etc. requires
photoshop or gimp or something.

Jonathan Viney wrote:

> It's fair enough that it's not supported, it's just that it worked with
> 0.2.2.
>
> Running onResized() on the TabContainer once it is visible fixes the
> problem, so I'll probably just do that for now.
>
> And.... one more question if I may :). What's the best way to change
> the styling of the tabs?
>
> Thanks, Jonathan.
>
> On 5/16/06, Bill Keese <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Jonathan Viney wrote:
>> > It seems as if TabContainers that are inside a div with "display:
>> > none;" on page load remain invisible when the div is displayed. This
>> > worked in 0.2 with TabPane, but not 0.3 with TabContainer.
>>
>> Hmm, I'm not sure that's something we support.  The tabs can't figure
>> out how to size themselves if they are trapped in a display:none node,
>> and they have no way of knowing when you changed the node to be
>> displayed.
>>
>> You could try call show() on the TabContainer.

Re: TabContainers that are hidden on page load are not visible when they are displayed (fine in 0.2.2).

Dustin Machi
demo engine changes the look and position around with css too, so you
might find that useful to look at.

Dustin

Bill Keese wrote:

> Sure, onResized() makes sense.  For changing the tab style you just
> override the CSS for the tabs (see the FAQ for an example), but note
> that tab labels are made with images so changing the color etc. requires
> photoshop or gimp or something.
>
> Jonathan Viney wrote:
>> It's fair enough that it's not supported, it's just that it worked
>> with 0.2.2.
>>
>> Running onResized() on the TabContainer once it is visible fixes the
>> problem, so I'll probably just do that for now.
>>
>> And.... one more question if I may :). What's the best way to change
>> the styling of the tabs?
>>
>> Thanks, Jonathan.

>>> Hmm, I'm not sure that's something we support.  The tabs can't figure
>>> out how to size themselves if they are trapped in a display:none node,
>>> and they have no way of knowing when you changed the node to be
>>> displayed.
>>>
>>> You could try call show() on the TabContainer.

Re: TabContainers that are hidden on page load are not visible when they are displayed (fine in 0.2.2).

Jonathan Viney-3
Thanks for the suggestions. One other thing. I would like to only
allow a different tab to be selected if some conditions are met.
Should I just override selectTab or is there a better way?

Thanks again, -Jonathan.

On 5/16/06, Dustin Machi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> demo engine changes the look and position around with css too, so you
> might find that useful to look at.
>
> Dustin
>

> Bill Keese wrote:
> > Sure, onResized() makes sense.  For changing the tab style you just
> > override the CSS for the tabs (see the FAQ for an example), but note
> > that tab labels are made with images so changing the color etc. requires
> > photoshop or gimp or something.
> >
> > Jonathan Viney wrote:
> >> It's fair enough that it's not supported, it's just that it worked
> >> with 0.2.2.
> >>
> >> Running onResized() on the TabContainer once it is visible fixes the
> >> problem, so I'll probably just do that for now.
> >>
> >> And.... one more question if I may :). What's the best way to change
> >> the styling of the tabs?
> >>
> >> Thanks, Jonathan.

Re: TabContainers that are hidden on page load are not visible when they are displayed (fine in 0.2.2).

Karl Tiedt
sounds like something a beforeAdvice would do... check conditions else
not pass control to the original event and just die... I wish I still
had my convo with Alex detailing advices so I Could finish  the
tutorial I started on it :( (well rewrite it from scratch since my HD
ate them both... *grumbles*)

On 5/16/06, Jonathan Viney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions. One other thing. I would like to only
> allow a different tab to be selected if some conditions are met.
> Should I just override selectTab or is there a better way?
>
> Thanks again, -Jonathan.
>
> On 5/16/06, Dustin Machi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > demo engine changes the look and position around with css too, so you
> > might find that useful to look at.
> >
> > Dustin
> >

> > Bill Keese wrote:
> > > Sure, onResized() makes sense.  For changing the tab style you just
> > > override the CSS for the tabs (see the FAQ for an example), but note
> > > that tab labels are made with images so changing the color etc. requires
> > > photoshop or gimp or something.

Re: TabContainers that are hidden on page load are not visible when they are displayed (fine in 0.2.2).

Bill Keese-2
>>> Thanks for the suggestions. One other thing. I would like to only
>>> allow a different tab to be selected if some conditions are met.
>>> Should I just override selectTab or is there a better way?

I guess that makes sense.

>> sounds like something a beforeAdvice would do... check conditions else
>> not pass control to the original event and just die... I wish I still

Yeah, or actually "around" advice, IIRC.  You have your choice of doing
it with advice, or subclassing TabContainer.  Either way you are
essentially overriding selectTab().