Should I wait for Dojo 2?

klng@intersoln.com
Hi,

Will Dojo 2 works with AMD syntax (i.e. require, etc..)?

I am thinking of upgrading from Dojo v1.6 to the current latest Dojo
version as I need Dojox Mobile but I am not sure if I should just wait
for Dojo 2 to be launched first? Will I need to convert again from eg.
Dojo v.1.12 to Dojo 2 when the latter is ready?

I have experiment with multiple version of Dojo in a single project but
it just give too many complications.

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Re: Should I wait for Dojo 2?

dylanks
Dojo 2 is a very major rewrite, really our first since 2007. So much has
changed with ES6 that we had to step back and really rethink everything.

The main co-existence strategy is that you should be able to embed Dojo
widgets inside of a Dojo 2 app, or use Dojo 2 modules as AMD modules
within a Dojo 1 application. I have a blog post I've been drafting that
explains some of this, but it's not yet published.

At this stage, Dojo 2 should be reach beta 1 in the next two months,
with a few more beta releases, and a release candidate and final release
sometime in 2017.

on 2/3/17, 12:23 (GMT-07:00) [hidden email] said the following:

> Hi,
>
> Will Dojo 2 works with AMD syntax (i.e. require, etc..)?
>
> I am thinking of upgrading from Dojo v1.6 to the current latest Dojo
> version as I need Dojox Mobile but I am not sure if I should just wait
> for Dojo 2 to be launched first? Will I need to convert again from eg.
> Dojo v.1.12 to Dojo 2 when the latter is ready?
>
> I have experiment with multiple version of Dojo in a single project but
> it just give too many complications.
>
> Any comments will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards

Re: Should I wait for Dojo 2?

klng@intersoln.com
Hey Dylan,

Thanks for the reply.

Do let us knows when your blog post is ready.

Best Regards