Retaining the posiiton in dgrid while navigating to child page

Retaining the posiiton in dgrid while navigating to child page

Rahul Sharma
Hi All,

Can anyone help on the below request:

1. We have a grid with 100+ records and the default view shows 5 records.
2. User will scroll to let say 15th record with scrollbar and then without selecting any row in dgrid he is navigating to some child page using link outside the gird on the same page
3. After closing the child page the grid page refreshes , but the requirement to bring the page scrolled back to same position when it was left i.e. at 15th record

How can we achieve this? Any idea.

Thanks!

 Rahul.

unsubscribe

sbedoll

Stuart Bedoll
IBM Certified IT Architect
Global Business Services
Office phone: 303 924 6754
Email: [hidden email]
Notes: Stuart Bedoll/Boulder/IBM

Re: unsubscribe

Karl Tiedt
Read the email footers, instructions are right there at the bottom of every message ;)

-Karl Tiedt

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Stuart Bedoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

Stuart Bedoll
IBM Certified IT Architect
Global Business Services
Office phone: <a href="tel:303%20924%206754" value="+13039246754" target="_blank">303 924 6754
Email: [hidden email]
Notes: Stuart Bedoll/Boulder/IBM

Re: Retaining the posiiton in dgrid while navigating to child page

Rahul Sharma
Hello All,

Can anyone suggest/ help on this ? Any help and direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Rahul Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Can anyone help on the below request:

1. We have a grid with 100+ records and the default view shows 5 records.
2. User will scroll to let say 15th record with scrollbar and then without selecting any row in dgrid he is navigating to some child page using link outside the gird on the same page
3. After closing the child page the grid page refreshes , but the requirement to bring the page scrolled back to same position when it was left i.e. at 15th record

How can we achieve this? Any idea.

Thanks!

 Rahul.

Re: Retaining the posiiton in dgrid while navigating to child page

Kenneth G. Franqueiro
It's unclear to me if by "page" you mean a full browser page reload, or
just refreshing the grid.  If the latter, you can try setting
keepScrollPosition: true either on the instance or to a specific refresh
call.

keepScrollPosition is documented in
https://github.com/SitePen/dgrid/blob/v1.0.0/doc/components/core-components/OnDemandList-and-OnDemandGrid.md#property-summary

If you're talking about full-page reloads, then you'll want to use the
APIs that Brad suggested and preserve/recall the value in something like
localStorage.

--Ken