Responsive design

yassam
We'd like to make our dojo web app responsive, and we're looking at
using Bootstrap 3 to do this.

Our app makes heavy use of dijit widgets and dgrid.

What's the best way of integrating Dojo with Bootstrap? I read online
that the dbootstrap [1] project has been abandoned.

I know Dojo-Bootstrap [2] lets you use Bootstrap with Dojo, but as I
understand it, it ports a bunch of Bootstrap widgets to Dojo, which
won't help me much as I already use lots of Dijit and Dojox widgets, and
don't want to rewrite a whole bunch of code to use new widgets.

Is there a better way, other than using Bootstrap, do make our app
responsive?

Thanks,

Yasir

[1] https://github.com/atoha/dbootstrap/

[2] https://github.com/xsokev/Dojo-Bootstrap

Re: Responsive design

ole ersoy
I'm working on this:

https://github.com/superflycss/superflycss

It's similar to SUIT CSS and aims to develop pure CSS components.  The layout module has responsive flexbox utilities that you can drop into your design to make it responsive:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/superfly-css-utilities-layout

Here's a button example:

https://superfly-css.github.io/superfly-css-component-button/deploy/test/html/

Cheers,

Ole

P.S. In the middle of moving from superfly-css to superflycss and @superflycss on NPM ATM, so pardon the dust.

On 06/07/2017 08:13 PM, Yasir Assam wrote:

> We'd like to make our dojo web app responsive, and we're looking at
> using Bootstrap 3 to do this.
>
> Our app makes heavy use of dijit widgets and dgrid.
>
> What's the best way of integrating Dojo with Bootstrap? I read online
> that the dbootstrap [1] project has been abandoned.
>
> I know Dojo-Bootstrap [2] lets you use Bootstrap with Dojo, but as I
> understand it, it ports a bunch of Bootstrap widgets to Dojo, which
> won't help me much as I already use lots of Dijit and Dojox widgets, and
> don't want to rewrite a whole bunch of code to use new widgets.
>
> Is there a better way, other than using Bootstrap, do make our app
> responsive?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yasir
>

> [1] https://github.com/atoha/dbootstrap/
>
> [2] https://github.com/xsokev/Dojo-Bootstrap

Re: Responsive design

We have a modern flat theme that, while it doesn't have all the features
of bootstrap, might be useful, at
https://github.com/dojo/themes/tree/master/flat . It is included in the
Dojo 1.11 and 1.12 releases.

fwiw, all of the Dojo 2 widgets are responsive (
http://github.com/dojo/widgets ), though Dojo 2 is still in an early
beta release. But if you are feeling adventurous, you might enjoy trying
that out as well.

on 6/7/17, 18:13 (GMT-07:00) Yasir Assam said the following:

> We'd like to make our dojo web app responsive, and we're looking at
> using Bootstrap 3 to do this.
>
> Our app makes heavy use of dijit widgets and dgrid.
>
> What's the best way of integrating Dojo with Bootstrap? I read online
> that the dbootstrap [1] project has been abandoned.
>
> I know Dojo-Bootstrap [2] lets you use Bootstrap with Dojo, but as I
> understand it, it ports a bunch of Bootstrap widgets to Dojo, which
> won't help me much as I already use lots of Dijit and Dojox widgets, and
> don't want to rewrite a whole bunch of code to use new widgets.
>
> Is there a better way, other than using Bootstrap, do make our app
> responsive?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yasir
>

> [1] https://github.com/atoha/dbootstrap/
>
> [2] https://github.com/xsokev/Dojo-Bootstrap

Re: Responsive design

yassam
Thanks Ole, but I'd prefer something that let's me continue to use Dojo
and all its widgets, as I have a lot of code to already written to use
those.

On 8/6/17 12:29 pm, Ole Ersoy wrote:

> I'm working on this:
>
> https://github.com/superflycss/superflycss
>
> It's similar to SUIT CSS and aims to develop pure CSS components.  The layout module has responsive flexbox utilities that you can drop into your design to make it responsive:
>
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/superfly-css-utilities-layout
>
> Here's a button example:
>
> https://superfly-css.github.io/superfly-css-component-button/deploy/test/html/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ole
>
> P.S. In the middle of moving from superfly-css to superflycss and @superflycss on NPM ATM, so pardon the dust.
>

> On 06/07/2017 08:13 PM, Yasir Assam wrote:
>> We'd like to make our dojo web app responsive, and we're looking at
>> using Bootstrap 3 to do this.
>>
>> Our app makes heavy use of dijit widgets and dgrid.
>>
>> What's the best way of integrating Dojo with Bootstrap? I read online
>> that the dbootstrap [1] project has been abandoned.
>>
>> I know Dojo-Bootstrap [2] lets you use Bootstrap with Dojo, but as I
>> understand it, it ports a bunch of Bootstrap widgets to Dojo, which
>> won't help me much as I already use lots of Dijit and Dojox widgets, and
>> don't want to rewrite a whole bunch of code to use new widgets.
>>
>> Is there a better way, other than using Bootstrap, do make our app
>> responsive?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Yasir
>>

>> [1] https://github.com/atoha/dbootstrap/
>>
>> [2] https://github.com/xsokev/Dojo-Bootstrap

Re: Responsive design

yassam
Thanks Dylan.

The flat theme looks good, but if it isn't responsive it's not going to
give us what we need.

Am I right in thinking that migrating to Dojo 2 would be a pretty major
undertaking? I haven't had a good look at it yet, but at a cursory
glance it looks completely different to Dojo 1. Do you have a migration
guide written yet?

In your experience, what are Dojo 1 users doing to build responsive web
apps?

Yasir