Re: [OT] MSIE "Operation Aborted"

Joe Germuska
At 3:21 PM -0600 11/29/05, Joe Germuska wrote:

>This isn't a "dojo problem", but I'm only encountering it on pages
>where I use Dojo, and besides, this is a group of extremely smart
>JavaScript people, so hopefully you'll suffer a question -- perhaps
>one that will plague other Dojo users.
>
>Now that I'm getting my Dojo enabled app into QA, it's finally going
>through the MSIE gauntlet, and on a few pages, I'm getting the error
>"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:... /
>Operation aborted"  The page has partially rendered when the alert
>appears, but after I click "OK", I get the "Cannot find server or
>DNS Error" page. (Who at Microsoft thought it was smart to display
>that error in a case like this I can't imagine but that's even
>further OT...)

Just for the record:  this problem cropped up again, and I realized
that I can turn it off and on by turning on (or off) the
djConfig.isDebug setting.

So, this may be something worth treating as a bug in Dojo; that is,
if dojo.debug is going to be called before the page is fully loaded
(for example, by deprecation warnings) and MSIE is going to treat
that as a serious problem.

Maybe dojo.debug could be modified to buffer (or even ignore)
messages until dojo's "loaded" event is triggered?

Not feeling quite ready to submit a patch on that....

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
[hidden email]

Re: [OT] MSIE "Operation Aborted"

Alex Russell
I already added patches last week to prevent dojo.debug() from adding
anything to the page until it is loaded. Please try with a nightly and
let me know if it isn't fixed.

Regards

--
Alex Russell
[hidden email] BE03 E88D EABB 2116 CC49 8259 CF78 E242 59C3 9723

At 11:11 AM -0800 12/14/05, Alex Russell wrote:
>I already added patches last week to prevent dojo.debug() from adding
>anything to the page until it is loaded. Please try with a nightly and
>let me know if it isn't fixed.

that seems to have done it.  Thanks!

Joe