Question related to dojox.data.AppStore

sagu
We have a legacy app where we used dojox.data.AppStore to get to AtomPub documents.

We are not looking to upgrade that app using Dojo 1.10. The question that I have is related to the documentation here: https://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.10/dojox/index.html

It lists dojox.data.AppStore is deprecated but doesn't guide us what should be used instead. We want to code so that we are ready for Dojo 2.0.

Would someone please guide?

Re: Question related to dojox.data.AppStore

dylanks
When we moved to dojo/store and later dstore, what we ended up doing was
basically instead of having one type of store for every format, we
instead sort of came up with a set of RESTful semantics for stores that
could then basically be adapted for any arbitrary back-end.

We're still working out the details for Dojo 2 for how stores should
work. What we currently have is fairly similar to dstore, but at the
moment it feels somewhat out of place with the overall approach in Dojo
2, so we're planning to take another pass at thinking through how those
APIs should work for Dojo 2. This will happen in the beta 3 timeline
(beta 2 is just about done).

So the short answer is, if you can wait a bit, we might have a better
answer, but it's likely to involve either needing to use the store APIs
to match the AtomPub format, or perhaps we can be persuaded into writing
an extension or demo that shows how that would happen.

I would also encourage you to open an issue at
https://github.com/dojo/stores and provide information on what you might
want from @dojo/stores going forward, if you have any further thoughts.

I know this isn't a great answer, but hopefully it's at least somewhat
useful.

on 8/10/17, 12:05 (GMT-07:00) sagu said the following:

> We have a legacy app where we used dojox.data.AppStore to get to AtomPub
> documents.
>
> We are not looking to upgrade that app using Dojo 1.10. The question that I
> have is related to the documentation here:
> https://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.10/dojox/index.html
>
> It lists dojox.data.AppStore is deprecated but doesn't guide us what should
> be used instead. We want to code so that we are ready for Dojo 2.0.
>
> Would someone please guide?

Re: Question related to dojox.data.AppStore

dylanks
P.S. Your note made me realize that we still have an old Dojo 1.x to 2.0
migration guide that is badly out of date ( I've added a big warning to
the top of
https://github.com/dojo/docs/blob/master/releasenotes/migration-2.0.rst
, but it's not on the live website yet). That migration guide should
really have been called the pre-AMD to AMD migration guide, but Dojo 2
has changed so much from our early concepts, in large part because of
ES6, that it's just not nearly as simple as that guide presented.