Quantcast

Proof of Dojo support

dreiner
Hello --

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has ever been required to demonstrate "proof of vendor support" for Dojo -- in our case, version 1.9.  This is a government requirement, and we have a few options in terms of providing this, but only one seems to be feasible: "email from vendor stating application and version are still supported".  The fact that version 1.9.10 was made available a few days ago does not constitute proof of support.

I've been poking around for a Dojo email group to send this request to, and found a few, but haven't got responses yet (and yes, I realize it's a bad time of year to expect a response).  Just to exhaust possibilities, I'm also posting here.  Essentially, what we need is someone who can officially comment on this:

How long will Dojo 1.9 will be supported?  Has any specific end-of-life date been set?  If a date has not been set, then a response stating that would also suffice.

-dan

Re: Proof of Dojo support

Hi Dan,

Indeed you caught us in the middle of the holiday break!

Our support policy is generally very long term by JavaScript standards.
Dojo 1.0 was first released in 2007, and all Dojo 1.x releases are
improvements to that.

Dojo 1.9 was released in 2013, and we will continue to provide
maintenance releases indefinitely. For example we just released 1.9.10,
and for example, we also made an update to Dojo 1.4 which was first
released in 2009.

New development on Dojo 1.x has slowed as the team is now focusing its
efforts on 2.x, but the Dojo team is committed to supporting 1.x as long
as there is interest (likely at least 5 more years).

Our approach is to make new changes to master (currently pre-1.13), and
any change that can safely be backported without changing the API will
be ported backwards to 1.12.x, 1.11.x, etc.

Beyond the generous support from the community, commercial support is
also offered by SitePen if needed ( http://sitepen.com/support/ ).

Let me know if this meets your requirements, or if you need something else.