Programmatically Activating / Deactivating Menus

Programmatically Activating / Deactivating Menus

George Sexton

I'm working on integrating intro.js into my web application that uses Dojo. I want to guide users through some basic operational things.

Some of the things I'd like to show people would be selecting an option from a dropdown menu. For example, if I have a menu structure

Tools

    Export

    Import

I'd like to give the user a tip/hint about how to undo an import by directing them to select tools | import from the menu.

intro.js lets you target an element with a CSS selector, so that would work. The part I need to figure out is how could I activate the tools sub-menu to show the import pad.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

--
George S.
MH Software, Inc.

Re: Programmatically Activating / Deactivating Menus

George Sexton
On 7/20/2017 4:19 PM, George S. wrote:

I'm working on integrating intro.js into my web application that uses Dojo. I want to guide users through some basic operational things.

Some of the things I'd like to show people would be selecting an option from a dropdown menu. For example, if I have a menu structure

Tools

    Export

    Import

I was able to figure this out. The trick was something like:

var menuPad=dijit.byId('the_ID');
menuPad.emit("click")
dijit.byId('childMenuOption').focus();