Problem with InlineEditBox

Harry Devine

I'm trying to create an InlineEditBox programatically, and it always renders with the text box around the text value, as if I had double-clicked to edit it, yet no Save/Cancel buttons come up.  Here's what it looks like:

I tried putting my code in a JSFiddle but it worked as expected there.  Here's my code, so can someone please let me know what could be causing this behavior?

HTML:

Test: <div id="adminEditName"></div>

Javascript:

              if (!registry.byId("adminEditName")) {
                iebUserName = new InlineEditBox({
                  editor: TextBox,
                  autoSave: false,
                  value: "Harry Devine"
                }, "adminEditName");
                iebUserName.startup();

Harry

Re: Problem with InlineEditBox

George Sexton

This is just a guess, but shouldn't the value "TextBox" for editor be quoted? The reference docs show it unquoted, but if you look further down, you can see the values for editor are quoted.

--
George S.
MH Software, Inc.

Re: Problem with InlineEditBox

Harry Devine

That had no effect, but in verifying that I had included dijit/form/TextBox, I found that I had the requires mixed up, so the TextBox didn't match up with the dijit/form/TextBox.  Once I fixed that, all worked as expected.  I hate when I do stupid stuff!!!

Thanks for the help!

Harry