Maqetta

Fedor Biryukov
Hi there!

Does anybody know why IBM has stopped funding Maqetta development?
Maqetta relies heavily on the dojo toolkit. Does anyone know how to make it use a different framework?

Thanks!
Fedor

Re: Maqetta

dylanks
Hi Fedor,

I cannot answer personally for IBM, but my perception is that they had
hoped to build a community of people interested in contributing, but
building something like Maqetta is not something to easily/casually
contribute to, and their business made the decision to stop investing in
the effort.

Maqetta was built with Dojo, though I believed it supported jQuery and
other UI widgets if you wrapped them in some logic to bind properties
(data, css, dom, etc.) into something Maqetta could understand. I do not
believe it is possible to make Maqetta generate code for any other
framework or toolkit (React, Angular, Dojo 2, etc.) without substantial
effort in rebuilding their platform.

on 1/31/17, 14:56 (GMT-07:00) Fedor Biryukov said the following:
> Hi there!
>
> Does anybody know why IBM has stopped funding Maqetta development?
> Maqetta relies heavily on the dojo toolkit. Does anyone know how to make
> it use a different framework?
>
> Thanks!
> Fedor

Re: Maqetta

Fedor Biryukov
Hi Dylan,

Thanks a lot for sharing your opinion with me!

In my eyes Maqetta has a low ROI. Your guess is more mature.

Does anyone else have a clue?

I tried to contact IBM, filled out a contact form and got a very formal reply linking to an article about Maqetta and suggesting to contact IBM in other countries. Will do. Who knows, maybe someone will shed light on that.

Regards,
Fedor

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Dylan Schiemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Fedor,

I cannot answer personally for IBM, but my perception is that they had
hoped to build a community of people interested in contributing, but
building something like Maqetta is not something to easily/casually
contribute to, and their business made the decision to stop investing in
the effort.

Maqetta was built with Dojo, though I believed it supported jQuery and
other UI widgets if you wrapped them in some logic to bind properties
(data, css, dom, etc.) into something Maqetta could understand. I do not
believe it is possible to make Maqetta generate code for any other
framework or toolkit (React, Angular, Dojo 2, etc.) without substantial
effort in rebuilding their platform.

on 1/31/17, 14:56 (GMT-07:00) Fedor Biryukov said the following:
> Hi there!
>
> Does anybody know why IBM has stopped funding Maqetta development?
> Maqetta relies heavily on the dojo toolkit. Does anyone know how to make
> it use a different framework?
>
> Thanks!
> Fedor

Dojo-interest@mail.dojotoolkit.org

Re: Maqetta

bobmanc
I have been working on something similar to Maqetta that will produce Dojo 2 code if that is of interest.

Re: Maqetta

Fedor Biryukov
Sure, it is very interesting.

3 февр. 2017 г. 19:03 пользователь "Bob Mancarella" <[hidden email]> написал:
I have been working on something similar to Maqetta that will produce Dojo 2 code if that is of interest.

Re: Maqetta

gbaumgart
@bobmanc
Could you share some details (github repo?). I am on Maqetta since a few years and I am also looking to rewrite it from scratch for dojo-2 but also other frameworks (ionic). Thanks a lot.