Is there anyone for datagrid?

helloworld
hi anyone for datagrid?

My case are just simply CRUD of records in datagrid, not complex operations, but still many bugs here.
How can say dojo is PRODUCT-ready level?

I am very sad for no response to my bug tickets. :-(

First bug with autoHeight=true; that almost makes autoHeight=true feature is useless.
please refer to
http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/15147
http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/autoHeight-of-dojox-grid-datagrid-doesn-t-work-when-row-number-is-more-than-27-tp3898945p3898945.html

then I have to change my UI layout to autoHeight=50;
then we have bug:
http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/15161
http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/There-are-some-space-area-in-dojox-grid-EnhancedGrid-and-when-too-many-rows-in-datagrid-and-move-dow-tp3905397p3905397.html

then I have to adopt a workaround in the maillist above, by keepRows=512.
then we have bug:
http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/15254

I am very sad about the quality of datagrid.
I know grid is very complex, but the bugs are so basic, and too many bugs.

and there is not any response to my tickets of bug.
I just doubt whether I need to fire bugs continuously. :-(

BTW, seems lots of bugs of grid are not processed.

Re: Is there anyone for datagrid?

allnamesrtaken
Try dgrid for a spin. Maybe its the future for you. I like it.

Re: Is there anyone for datagrid?

Well I cant speak much for autoHeight because we've never had to use
it.. but I can say that we have been using DataGrid (not
EnhancedDataGrid) in released products for some time now and we've
tested up to 100k rows and have had 0 of the issues you describe...

I would reassess your use of autoHeight. As for responses to bug
tickets, we are just about to go into feature freeze for our next
release and the DataGrid folks have been busy with other things. So
you just happened to catch them at a time when they are not very
responsive.

I would also recommend in the future that you post your bug reports to
the actual ticket, instead of opening tickets that basically say "look
at this forum post" -- ideally the ticket should have all relevant
information readily available and a forum post would be the one saying
"you can see the bug info here...."

-Karl Tiedt

ps: Throwing insults and getting angry on a mailing list has never
helped achieve anything.

Re: Is there anyone for datagrid?

helloworld
sorry, I had no thought of offending the guys since you guys already contributed too much to dojo.
I just felt a little helpless and got a little crazy.

Anyway, from responses above, I know the situation, I know what to do next.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Is there anyone for datagrid?

Lorenz, Florian

if DataGrid (and EnhancedGrid, I suppose) is to be replaced by dgrid in near future, will dgrid support all currently existing plugins for EnhancedGrid? As long as dgrid does not support persisting of preferences in a cookie and nestested sorting (pagination already seems to be existing) I will not be able to switch to dgrid.

Regards,

Florian

Re: Is there anyone for datagrid?

zhuxw
Hi, you can try Gridx:  https://github.com/evanhw/gridx
It is designed to replace EnhancedGrid. It's still in development, maybe poor support on A11y and I18n at this moment, but it'll get more power in near future.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Lorenz, Florian <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Best Regards
Oliver