Quantcast

Increasing the width of combobox programatically

Increasing the width of combobox programatically

Srinivas Durvasula

Hi All,

I am using  dijit.form.ComboBox  and dijit.form.FilteringSelect  in my application.

I would like to increase the width of these controls progrmatically.

I tried with  dijit.byId(“myid’).style.width;

And   dijit.byId(“myid’).focusNode.style.width=’100px’;

But with no help.  Please suggest me how can I increase /decrease the width of these two controls programmatically.

Thanks Regards

Srinivas Durvasula

srinivas durvasula
software engineer
Product Development

[hidden email]
Phone: 918040374128
Mobile: 919741298809

WebEx Communications India Pvt. Ltd.
Brunton road bangalore
India
www.webex.com

Download vCardVirtual Card File

Think before you print.Think before you print.

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Re: Increasing the width of combobox programatically

queNenni

Hello,

Try Dojo.style(dijit.byId(“myid’), “width”, “100px”);

++

Kenny

Re: Increasing the width of combobox programatically

lance10ca

How about:
dijit.byId(“myid’).attr('style','width:100px');

Cheers,
lance

Srinivas Durvasula wrote:
> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal,
> div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:12.0pt;
> font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
> {color:blue; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited,
> span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline;}
> p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in;
> mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; font-size:12.0pt;
> font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle17
> {mso-style-type:personal-compose; font-family:Arial;
> color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in
> 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->
>
> Hi All,
>

> I am using  dijit.form.ComboBox  and dijit.form.FilteringSelect  in
> my application.
>
> I would like to increase the width of these controls progrmatically.
>

> I tried with  dijit.byId(“myid’).style.width;
>

> And   dijit.byId(“myid’).focusNode.style.width=’100px’;
>

> But with no help.  Please suggest me how can I increase /decrease
> the width of these two controls programmatically.
>

> Thanks Regards
>
> Srinivas Durvasula

- --
Lance Levsen,
Catprint Computing
Tel:  (306) 493-2278
Cell: (306) 230-8783
Blog: http://www.catprint.ca/blog/

Re: Increasing the width of combobox programatically

Peter Higgins

The most likely solution would be to modify the widget's .domNode ... It
seems to work, but I've not tested every browser:

For instance, doing this on the Dijit ComboBox test page:

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/dojotoolkit/dijit/tests/form/_autoComplete.html?testWidget=dijit.form.ComboBox

in firebug:

 dijit.registry.forEach(function(w){ dojo.style(w.domNode, "width",
"600px"); });

sets all inputs to 600px.

This is neat too:

dojo.require("dojo.fx");
var anims = [];
dijit.registry.forEach(function(w){ anims.push(dojo.animateProperty({
node: w.domNode, properties:{ width:100 } })) });
dojo.fx.combine(anims).play();

Regards,
Peter

Lance Levsen wrote:

> How about:
> dijit.byId(myid).attr('style','width:100px');
>
> Cheers,
> lance
>
> Srinivas Durvasula wrote:
> > <!-- /* Style Definitions */
> p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal,
>
> > div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt;
> font-size:12.0pt;
>
> > font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
>
> > {color:blue; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited,
>
> > span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;
> text-decoration:underline;}
>
> > p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in;
>
> > mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; font-size:12.0pt;
>
> > font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle17
>
> > {mso-style-type:personal-compose; font-family:Arial;
>
> > color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in;
> margin:1.0in
>
> > 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->
>

> > Hi All,
>

> > I am using  dijit.form.ComboBox  and dijit.form.FilteringSelect
> in
>
> > my application.
>

> > I would like to increase the width of these controls
> progrmatically.
>

> > I tried with  dijit.byId(myid).style.width;
>

> > And   dijit.byId(myid).focusNode.style.width=100px;
>

> > But with no help.  Please suggest me how can I increase /decrease
>
> > the width of these two controls programmatically.
>

> > Thanks Regards
>

> > Srinivas Durvasula

Peter E Higgins
Dojo Project Lead : SitePen Support Lead
http://dojotoolkit.org : http://sitepen.com