Quantcast

How can I debug/run local javascript file locally

How can I debug/run local javascript file locally

destefano
Hi Guys,
I am really sick of uploading/restarting server for every javascript file I edited.
We are using portals with dojo.
 I am trying to download one portlet change the necessary url location to map the local url, jsp into html and json getting from server I already have
it on local which I configure our datastore as follows
 eg.
dojo.xhrGet( {
url : "../devices.json",
preventCache : true,
handleAs : "json",
load : function(data, ioArgs) {
alert("loaded");
var managedElements = data["ManagedElement"];
device = managedElements[0];
selectedDevice = device;
}

deviceDataStore = new dojox.data.JsonRestStore({
//deviceDataStore = new CIJsonRestStoreExtension({
//target:"../devices.json",
   url:"../devices.json",
idAttribute: "hjid",
            filterOnServer: true,
            pageOnServer: true,
            syncMode: false,
  error : function(error) {
  console.log("CommonInventory-Portlet deviceDataStore error:"+error);

in firefox and chrome I get cross origin requests are only supported for http error and nothing showing up,
IE is not really helpful in debugging.

any help is appreciated,
to summarize it I am looking

How to deal with chrome and firefox cross origin request issue, which is not working for file:///foo.jsp calls
how to fetch local json from dojo.xhrGet or JsonRestStore
--
Peace Be With You
Estifanos Gebrehiwot

Re: How can I debug/run local javascript file locally

dmountney
On Tue 10 Jan 2012 01:28:02 PM PST, Estifanos Gebrehiwot wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I am really sick of uploading/restarting server for every javascript
> file I edited.
> We are using portals with dojo.
>  I am trying to download one portlet change the necessary url location
> to map the local url, jsp into html and json getting from server I
> already have
> it on local which I configure our datastore as follows
>  eg.
> dojo.xhrGet( {
> url : "../devices.json",
> preventCache : true,
> handleAs : "json",
> load : function(data, ioArgs) {
> alert("loaded");
> var managedElements = data["ManagedElement"];
> device = managedElements[0];
> selectedDevice = device;
> }
>
> deviceDataStore = new dojox.data.JsonRestStore({
> //deviceDataStore = new CIJsonRestStoreExtension({
> //target:"../devices.json",
>    url:"../devices.json",
> idAttribute: "hjid",
>             filterOnServer: true,
>             pageOnServer: true,
>             syncMode: false,
> error : function(error) {
> console.log("CommonInventory-Portlet deviceDataStore error:"+error);
> }
> });
>
> in firefox and chrome I get cross origin requests are only supported
> for http error and nothing showing up,
> IE is not really helpful in debugging.
>
> any help is appreciated,
> to summarize it I am looking
>
> How to deal with chrome and firefox cross origin request issue, which
> is not working for file:///foo.jsp calls
> how to fetch local json from dojo.xhrGet or JsonRestStore
> --
> Peace Be With You
> Estifanos Gebrehiwot
> cell : 5103162285

If you're just worried about it in development, you can start chrome
with the --allow-file-access-from-files flag.

Here you can see the chrome issue on grabbing local files through
XMLHTTPRequest: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=40787

In firefox, I believe you can go into offline mode to trigger the same
sort of mode.

Note that you might run into to other issues as well with chrome if you
aren't using a webserver. You can't set cookies for example.

Re: How can I debug/run local javascript file locally

destefano
Thanks, Will try it out