Gridx Dnd Row to dojo/dnd/Source

cmonnom

I'm looking for a way to drag and drop a row from a GridX into a dojo/dnd/Source div.

Is it possible?

The only method I see on the grid is onDraggedOut which I think is used for dragging a row/column from one gridx to another.

Ultimately my goal is to populate a div with value(s) from a row that the user wants to drag and drop into that div.

The alternate solution (less cool) is to create in the grid one button for each div that could hold values from a row. So instead of Dnd, the user clicks on the button matching the destination div.
If I have 4 divs, I need 4 buttons in each row... The grid can have a few hundred rows.

Thanks