Embedding YouTube

George Sexton

I'm using the Rich Text Editor, and I have a user that would like to embed YouTube videos.

The problem seems to be the standard embed code is an IFRAME. I suppose an alternate method might be via Javascript.

The issue seems to be that the rich text editor strips those out. Is there a way to embed videos in Rich text?

--
George S.
MH Software, Inc.

Re: Embedding YouTube

Jared Jurkiewicz
Stripping of iframes is an option of the view Source plug-in to specifically disallow iframes as they can be a security risk. You can turn that off in the plug-in configuration for view source. I don't remember what the option name is so you'll have to look it up.

On Aug 16, 2017 2:07 PM, "George S." <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm using the Rich Text Editor, and I have a user that would like to embed YouTube videos.

The problem seems to be the standard embed code is an IFRAME. I suppose an alternate method might be via Javascript.

The issue seems to be that the rich text editor strips those out. Is there a way to embed videos in Rich text?

--
George S.
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: <a href="tel:(303)%20438-9585" value="+13034389585" target="_blank">303 438 9585
http://www.connectdaily.com

Re: Embedding YouTube

I would suggest implementing some sort of widget in place of the actual
YouTube video when editing that represents the settings for the video,
as I can only imagine the challenges of having the actual video embedded
in the rich text editor.