Email, mailing lists, IRC, Discourse and more

Email, mailing lists, IRC, Discourse and more

dylanks
As we get closer to Dojo 2 being ready, we've been looking at how to
streamline the current Dojo server operations which is particularly
complex at the moment. We're planning to make the following changes by
September 30th, 2017:

Leverage Discourse for community support and discussion. We currently
have a very bare bones setup of Discourse at http://discourse.dojo.io/ .
Discourse is a very easy to use and feature-rich discussion forum, and
this will replace our mailing lists.

Shutdown dojo-interest, dojo-contributors, and other mailing lists.
While email is generally a very fast way to notify everyone, email has
become a constant battle with spam. As such, we will maintain an archive
of the mailing lists, but encourage the discussion to move to Discourse.

IRC. While some of us use IRC, discussion has dwindled a bit over the
years. This is in part because the various IRC clients have not really
kept pace with some of the other chat tools. We will continue to keep
IRC going, but note that there are also Dojo 1 and Dojo 2 channels that
are now active on Gitter as well.

Email. Some of us use @dojotoolkit.org email addresses. The plan after
the mailing lists are shutdown is to also shutdown dojotoolkit.org email
service completely. We will setup aliases and/or email forwarding for
anyone that wants to keep that address going. Please send me an email
with your existing dojo email address and the address you would like to
have your mail forwarded to.

Re: Email, mailing lists, IRC, Discourse and more

Schlatow, Sebastian
Hi, have you considered to create a Matrix https://matrix.org/ channel
and to bridge it to the IRC channel. There is also a great client called
Riot https://about.riot.im/. As far as I know, you can also bridge the
Gitter channel to Matrix.

Regards Sebastian

On 24.08.2017 17:44, Dylan Schiemann wrote:

> As we get closer to Dojo 2 being ready, we've been looking at how to
> streamline the current Dojo server operations which is particularly
> complex at the moment. We're planning to make the following changes by
> September 30th, 2017:
>
> Leverage Discourse for community support and discussion. We currently
> have a very bare bones setup of Discourse at http://discourse.dojo.io/ .
> Discourse is a very easy to use and feature-rich discussion forum, and
> this will replace our mailing lists.
>
> Shutdown dojo-interest, dojo-contributors, and other mailing lists.
> While email is generally a very fast way to notify everyone, email has
> become a constant battle with spam. As such, we will maintain an archive
> of the mailing lists, but encourage the discussion to move to Discourse.
>
> IRC. While some of us use IRC, discussion has dwindled a bit over the
> years. This is in part because the various IRC clients have not really
> kept pace with some of the other chat tools. We will continue to keep
> IRC going, but note that there are also Dojo 1 and Dojo 2 channels that
> are now active on Gitter as well.
>
> Email. Some of us use @dojotoolkit.org email addresses. The plan after
> the mailing lists are shutdown is to also shutdown dojotoolkit.org email
> service completely. We will setup aliases and/or email forwarding for
> anyone that wants to keep that address going. Please send me an email
> with your existing dojo email address and the address you would like to
> have your mail forwarded to.
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
>
> Regards,
> -Dylan

CEWE Stiftung & Co. KGaA mit Sitz in Oldenburg; Registergericht Oldenburg HR B 208214; Persönlich haftende geschäftsführende und vertretungsberechtigte Gesellschafterin:
Neumüller CEWE COLOR Stiftung, Sitz: Oldenburg;
Stiftungsverzeichnis der rechtsfähigen Stiftungen des bürgerlichen Rechts im Bezirk der Regierungsvertretung Oldenburg Nummer 15(034).
Stiftungsvorstand:
Dr. Christian Friege (Vorsitzender), Patrick Berkhouwer, Dr. Reiner Fageth, Carsten Heitkamp, Dr. Olaf Holzkämper, Thomas Mehls, Frank Zweigle
Aufsichtsrat:
Otto Korte (Vorsitzender)
UST ID-Nr. DE815453806; St.-Nr. 64/200/38999; GLN 40 04468 00000 4