Dojo mixed drag-n-drop

A Kremenets
Hello everyone,

Right now I am in the middle of refactoring of one dojo-based app to new stack (react). And in the middle of the process I met a necessity to drag and drop item from dojo dnd-based component to react dnd component. Both components works fine by themselves. But I don't see any reasonable way to merge this two pieces together to communicate. I mean, to drag an element from dojo drag-container and to handle dropping on the react side.

On one side I have dojo/dnd, on the other side I have react-dnd (or react-dropzone as more straightforward implementation regular html drop zone).
I'm far from being of expert in dojo, so you are my last hope to accomplish this merging step, or else I'm moving further and rewrite needed parts fully in react.

Thank you

Alex K

skype: kremenets_skype
telegram: freele

Re: Dojo mixed drag-n-drop

dylanks
You'll need to build something custom that understands both the Dojo and React DnD APIs and can handle DnD events between the two different approaches.

Another alternative that you could start with now but is not yet production ready is to start using parts of Dojo 2 which follow a much more modern approach and has some similarities to React. See https://github.com/dojo/meta for more information about current Dojo 2 progress.

Without knowing what you're ultimately trying to achieve its difficult to know what to recommend as the best path forward for you.

Dylan Schiemann
SitePen, Inc.
http://www.sitepen.com/
t: 650.968.8787