Dojo 2 installation

bobmanc
OK, deleted everything and then reinstalled.
"dojo create --name biz-e-corp" worked!
Now when I run "dojo build --watch" i get this...

"dojo help
Usage: dojo <group> <command> [options]
Hey there, here are all the things you can do with @dojo/cli:
Commands:
create      Scaffold a new group
eject        disconnect your project from dojo cli commands
version     provides version information for all installed commands and the cli itself"

It appears "build" is not a command.

"dojo version" says @dojo/cli 2.0.0-beta1.1

Re: Dojo 2 installation

dylanks
Hi Bob,

Did you change into the app directory. dojo create should install the
dependencies, but they're not global. So if you are inside the
biz-e-corp directory, then build should be picked up as an additional
command.

Alternatively, you could npm i -g @dojo/cli-build-webpack, though you'd
still want to make sure you're running the build inside the context of
the app.

on 4/12/17, 09:59 (GMT-07:00) Bob Mancarella said the following:

> OK, deleted everything and then reinstalled.
> "dojo create --name biz-e-corp" worked!
> Now when I run "dojo build --watch" i get this...
>
> "dojo help
> Usage: dojo <group> <command> [options]
> Hey there, here are all the things you can do with @dojo/cli:
> Commands:
> create      Scaffold a new group
> eject        disconnect your project from dojo cli commands
> version     provides version information for all installed commands and
> the cli itself"
>
> It appears "build" is not a command.
>
> "dojo version" says @dojo/cli 2.0.0-beta1.1

Re: Dojo 2 installation

bobmanc
That worked. Maybe someone should update the first tutorial.
Thanks.

Re: Dojo 2 installation

dylanks
There is a ticket open to do just that... one reason we've not made a
huge announcement to the world about Dojo 2 yet is we have a lot of
moving parts and we're still stabilizing things. Now that we have a
decent setup in place, we're working on fixing and refining and
finishing more, with the plan that it will be less painful when beta2
rolls out in early June...