Dojo 1.7

klng@intersoln.com
Hi, Anybody knows when is Dojo 1.7 going to be officially launched? Best regards

Re: Dojo 1.7

Karl Tiedt

Last weeks meeting put new beta, after all the loader cleanup is completed, at 2nd/3rd week of August, a more concrete date will likely be determined today after the meeting

Re: Dojo 1.7

klng@intersoln.com
Thanks Karl.. Tried compiling 1.7.0b2 into our app and everything falls apart.. :( there are really some very cool dojox.mobile features and theme in 1.7 that would be great if we can use now.. Shall stay tune to this thread to get an official date of 1.7 after your meeting tomorrow.. Regards

Re: Dojo 1.7

Karl Tiedt
Yes the reason for the prolonged release w/1.7 was there were several
major bugs that were not so obvious at the beginning of the release
cycle which produced I believe 3 out of 4 b releases that were
unusuable... "trunk" should compile if I'm not mistaken if you wanted
to continue testing w/your application.

Re: Dojo 1.7

klng@intersoln.com
I just found 1.7.0b4.. going to try this version now.. You mentioned "trunk", what's that? Possible to forward me the URL to download it? Thanks in advance and best regards

Re: Dojo 1.7

Karl Tiedt
http://dojotoolkit.org/download/ (bottom of the page) -- or you can go
to http://archive.dojotoolkit.org and get a nightly build (but with
SVN you can update on the fly by running svn update ;))

Re: Dojo 1.7

kitsonk
1.7.0b4 is horribly broken.  If you aren't going to go for trunk, then you should go for 1.7.0b3.  It was somewhat stable, depending on what you needed to do.

On 3 August 2011 16:01, klng <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just found 1.7.0b4.. going to try this version now.. You mentioned "trunk", what's that? Possible to forward me the URL to download it? Thanks in advance and best regards

Re: Dojo 1.7

Jamey Graham
Is trunk always the next release, or does it also include stuff in the next-next release?  Based on the structure it seems the former, but I glanced at the IRC meeting logs and there was mention of certain (dom-* ?) things being backed out (but I couldn't tell if that meant from trunk)

Re: Dojo 1.7

Gary Acord
trunk is the "living" stage of dojo at the exact point in time that you do your check out (or update).  it _could_ contain bugs that you might have to chase down yourself (or watch for the fix to be posted).

the current 1.7 stage of trunk i _think_ is pretty solid by now. but don't hold me to that.

cheers,

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not recommended (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

On Aug 3, 2011, at 4:37 PM, Jamey Graham wrote:

Is trunk always the next release, or does it also include stuff in the next-next release?  Based on the structure it seems the former, but I glanced at the IRC meeting logs and there was mention of certain (dom-* ?) things being backed out (but I couldn't tell if that meant from trunk)

Re: Dojo 1.7

kitsonk
Well, yes, but I think there is a lot more core change than I think most folks thought and then it was in for a penny, in for a pound.  It is all really good stuff, like the async loading, is amazing.  My problem is I got myself so far ahead of the curve on things, I now have no choice but ride the trunk wave.  Can't go back and have had to self-patch a way forward in a couple situations.

On 3 August 2011 22:59, Gary Acord <[hidden email]> wrote:
i agree.  i think this might be the "bumpiest" release i've seen yet.  (admittedly i've only been using dojo since 1.1 though, so i have nothing but the stories of 0.9 migration)

Re: Dojo 1.7

Jamey Graham
i guess i did mean "the current development quality of the next release" since my question wasn't irt quality (i have the correct expectations re: trunk).  more clearly, i mean "has anything for 1.8 or even 2.0 landed on trunk? (or do i need to go somewhere else to find the current development quality of JUST the 1.7 targeted stuff)"

Re: Dojo 1.7

Karl Tiedt
We don't develop multiple versions at once really, so with minor
exceptions trunk is always progress towards the next release.

Re: Dojo 1.7

neonstalwart
Trunk has always typically contained the next release.  I don't know if I've ever seen something added that wasn't intended for the next release.  At times (very rarely) something may be backed out just before a release because it isn't deemed worthy of holding up a release to get it finished.  I've always developed against trunk and tried to lock into a particular version of dojo as I approach my own releases.  This approach works for me but it does mean you have to be able to chase a moving target and find ways to temporarily work around bugs that you might find.

ben...

Sent from my Palm Pre on AT&T

On Aug 3, 2011 20:14, Jamey Graham <[hidden email]> wrote:

i guess i did mean "the current development quality of the next release" since my question wasn't irt quality (i have the correct expectations re: trunk).  more clearly, i mean "has anything for 1.8 or even 2.0 landed on trunk? (or do i need to go somewhere else to find the current development quality of JUST the 1.7 targeted stuff)"

Re: Dojo 1.7

klng@intersoln.com
Thanks for your reply. Manage to get the latest trunk but still doesn't work.. must be something i am not doing right.. doesn't matter.. shall wait for the actual release then.. Best Regards

Re: Dojo 1.7

srinivasan
Still no announcement (atleast official annoucement) about the date of 1.7 release.
I guess it will be delayed as the major players will be busy with the dojo conference to be held on September.