Chart tooltip 1.5 to 1.6 arrow change

erik650
Tooltip arrow rendering changed between versions 1.5 and 1.6. Tooltips used in charts were rendered with arrows centered on the left or right sides when pointing at marker points. This look is clean and professional vs version 1.6 where all the arrows are rendered at the bottom or top of the tooltip. Depending on the situation, the tooltip in 1.6 does rendered in the middle but consistency is lost.

Is there a method to return arrow rendering to they way it was in version 1.5?

Thanks,
Erik.

Re: Chart tooltip 1.5 to 1.6 arrow change

Eugene Lazutkin
Nothing changed in dojox.charting in this respect. Most probably
dijit.Tooltip has changed. See if its tests exhibit the same behavior
for you, and if they are, please file a bug against it.

Cheers,

Eugene Lazutkin
Dojo Toolkit, Committer
http://lazutkin.com/

On 04/20/2011 12:34 AM, erik650 wrote:

> Tooltip arrow rendering changed between versions 1.5 and 1.6. Tooltips used
> in charts were rendered with arrows centered on the left or right sides when
> pointing at marker points. This look is clean and professional vs version
> 1.6 where all the arrows are rendered at the bottom or top of the tooltip.
> Depending on the situation, the tooltip in 1.6 does rendered in the middle
> but consistency is lost.
>
> Is there a method to return arrow rendering to they way it was in version
> 1.5?
>
> Thanks,
> Erik.

Re: Chart tooltip 1.5 to 1.6 arrow change

erik650
I ran all the tooltip tests that are not associated with charts. The difference in how the arrow is drawn is subtle.
1.5.1/dojox/widget/tests/test_DynamicTooltip.html

1.6.1rc1/dojox/widget/tests/test_DynamicTooltip.html

The bubble chart in test_event2d.html is much more dramatic difference.
1.5.1/dojox/charting/tests/test_event2d.html

1.6.1rc1/dojox/charting/tests/test_event2d.html

Should I file the bug as a charting issue or a tooltip issue?

Thanks,
Erik.

Re: Chart tooltip 1.5 to 1.6 arrow change

Eugene Lazutkin
Please file a bug against Dijit (tooltip).

Cheers,

Eugene Lazutkin
Dojo Toolkit, Committer
http://lazutkin.com/

On 04/20/2011 12:40 PM, erik650 wrote:

> I ran all the tooltip tests that are not associated with charts. The
> difference in how the arrow is drawn is subtle.
> 1.5.1/dojox/widget/tests/test_DynamicTooltip.html
> http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/file/n2843423/1.5.1.dojox.widget.tests.test_DynamicTooltip.png
>
> 1.6.1rc1/dojox/widget/tests/test_DynamicTooltip.html
> http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/file/n2843423/1.6.1rc1.dojox.widget.tests.test_DynamicTooltip.png
>
> The bubble chart in test_event2d.html is much more dramatic difference.
> 1.5.1/dojox/charting/tests/test_event2d.html
> http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/file/n2843423/1.5.1.dojox.charting.tests.test_event2d.png
>
> 1.6.1rc1/dojox/charting/tests/test_event2d.html
> http://dojo-toolkit.33424.n3.nabble.com/file/n2843423/1.6.1rc1.dojox.charting.tests.test_event2d.png
>
> Should I file the bug as a charting issue or a tooltip issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Erik.

Re: Chart tooltip 1.5 to 1.6 arrow change

erik650
The issue appears to be corrected from the point of view of dijit tooltip. There exists the ability to set middle of top, bottom, left and right for arrow position. However, I am using dojox.charting.action2d.Tooltip to enable tooltips for chart markers. How do I tell action2d.Tooltip to use middle arrow positions?

Re: Chart tooltip 1.5 to 1.6 arrow change

Bill Keese-2
It's:

dijit.Tooltip.defaultPosition=['above-centered', 'below-centered'];

(That should affect the charting tooltips too.)

But you'd need the newest (post 1.6) code.