Can we copy dgrid content and paste in excel ?

Can we copy dgrid content and paste in excel ?

Rahul Sharma
Hi All ,

I am trying to copy the content of dgrid and pasting in excel but seems not working. Is there something I need to mixin or check ?

Thanks
Rahul.

Re: Can we copy dgrid content and paste in excel ?

Kenneth G. Franqueiro
Can you be more specific about what's not working?  This is not
something dgrid explicitly goes out of its way to support, but it
appears to generally Just Work when I try with Excel 2010...

--Ken

On 10/1/2014 3:30 PM, Rahul Sharma wrote:
> Hi All ,
>
> I am trying to copy the content of dgrid and pasting in excel but seems
> not working. Is there something I need to mixin or check ?
>
> Thanks
> Rahul.

Re: Can we copy dgrid content and paste in excel ?

Rahul Sharma
Hi Ken ,

This is to do a CTRL+A (select all), copy and then pasting the records of dgrid in excel.... For me I can select multiple records using keyboard + Mouse when selectionmode is given as extended , but when I try to copy the selected data it is not allowing me to do so, copy option is not coming...

Thanks ,

Rahul.

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Kenneth G. Franqueiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you be more specific about what's not working?  This is not
something dgrid explicitly goes out of its way to support, but it
appears to generally Just Work when I try with Excel 2010...

--Ken

On 10/1/2014 3:30 PM, Rahul Sharma wrote:
> Hi All ,
>
> I am trying to copy the content of dgrid and pasting in excel but seems
> not working. Is there something I need to mixin or check ?
>
> Thanks
> Rahul.

Re: Can we copy dgrid content and paste in excel ?

pohl
Same here,

Im using MS Office 2007,
Tried to block some areas then I used ctrl-C and then ctrl-V
into a Excel Sheet...

The result is: I got grid's header only on the sheet...

Are we facing a same condition?

Re: Can we copy dgrid content and paste in excel ?

michaelgaigg
you need to enable text selection on your grid

'allowTextSelection': true,

e.g.
      this.dataGrid = new CustomOnDemandGrid({
        'selectionMode': 'extended',
        'allowTextSelection': true,
        'collection': this.collection
      }, this.gridContainer);