Anyone else having trouble with dojox.analytics.Urchin and Google Analytics?

Anyone else having trouble with dojox.analytics.Urchin and Google Analytics?

neekfenwick
Hi all,

Since about the 5th July we've had a near total failure of Google Analytics reporting.  We use dojox.analaytics.Urchin.trackPageView which has worked perfectly before now.

I have two sites.  One is a traditional PHP app which logs:

  1. 33Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'f' of undefined
    1. dojo.declare.trackPageViewcommondojo.js:5
    2. dojo.declare.GAonLoadcommondojo.js:5
    3. dojo.declare._gotGAcommondojo.js:5
    4. dojo.hitchdojo

The exception is thrown from the ga.js minified code which is very difficult to pull apart.  I won't bother with a link here because I'm about to hack it to use the traditional async snippet from Google instead of dojox.analytics, as I need something that works ASAP.

The other is an ajax heavy app that calls Urchin.trackPageView(url) now and then.

I've had to wrap my call to Urchin.trackPageView in a try..catch block, to trap the exceptions thrown.  I'm finding errors like this in the console:

5Exception trying to call trackPageView:
TypeError
  1. arguments: Array[2]
    1. 0: "set"
    2. 1: a
    3. length: 2
    4. __proto__: Array[0]
  2. message: "—"
  3. stack: "—"
  4. type: "undefined_method"
  5. __proto__: Error

Fundamentally, the call in Urchin.js that looks like:

this.tracker._trackPageview.apply(this, arguments);

seems to be failing now.

I found some info at http://www.google.ru/support/forum/p/Google+Analytics/thread?tid=66547b313c044903&hl=en but they don't sound like they know what they're talking about.  The advice to "change "_trackPageview.apply(this, arguments)" to "pageTracker._trackPageview()"." is based around the non-async version of the code.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Nick

Re: Anyone else having trouble with dojox.analytics.Urchin and Google Analytics?

neekfenwick