Any workflows for making client side code with dojo npm modules

Any workflows for making client side code with dojo npm modules

colind
In the past, I have used git submodules and bower for installing dojo dependencies, but I was also wondering if anyone has used the dojo modules on npm?

Are there any workflows with building client side code that use the dojo npm modules (something like dojo-boilerplate?)

Ref

I was checking these out but trying to run dojo-util build scripts directly seemed tripped up by the directory being named dojo-util instead of just util

-Colin

Re: Any workflows for making client side code with dojo npm modules

dylanks
It's basically the same issue we have with npm for dgrid and dstore
(since there's another project named dstore). See our note at
https://github.com/SitePen/dgrid/blob/master/doc/usage/npm.md

The simplest option is to basically symlink or rename dojo-util to util.

on 5/31/16, 09:38 (GMT-07:00) Colin said the following:

> In the past, I have used git submodules and bower for installing dojo
> dependencies, but I was also wondering if anyone has used the dojo
> modules on npm?
>
> Are there any workflows with building client side code that use the dojo
> npm modules (something like dojo-boilerplate?)
>
> Ref
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/dojo
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/dojo-util
>
> I was checking these out but trying to run dojo-util build scripts
> directly seemed tripped up by the directory being named dojo-util
> instead of just util
>

> -Colin

Re: Any workflows for making client side code with dojo npm modules

colind
Thanks for the perspective! I'll take some notes from dgrid and see if I can come up with anything

-Colin

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Dylan Schiemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's basically the same issue we have with npm for dgrid and dstore
(since there's another project named dstore). See our note at
https://github.com/SitePen/dgrid/blob/master/doc/usage/npm.md

The simplest option is to basically symlink or rename dojo-util to util.

on 5/31/16, 09:38 (GMT-07:00) Colin said the following:
> In the past, I have used git submodules and bower for installing dojo
> dependencies, but I was also wondering if anyone has used the dojo
> modules on npm?
>
> Are there any workflows with building client side code that use the dojo
> npm modules (something like dojo-boilerplate?)
>
> Ref
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/dojo
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/dojo-util
>
> I was checking these out but trying to run dojo-util build scripts
> directly seemed tripped up by the directory being named dojo-util
> instead of just util
>

> -Colin

2.0 Supporting Components With Transitive Version Conflicts

ole ersoy
I've summarized the question in two stackoverflow posts here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35809708/does-emberjs-support-composed-components-with-transitive-version-conflicts
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35808349/does-reactjs-support-composed-components-with-transitive-version-conflicts

Right now I don't think there is any Javascript framework that is designed to support web components that are versioned / don't require a flat dependency tree.  Just wondering whether there is any interest in this for dojo 2.0.  I think it would be a massive differentiator for Dojo.

Cheers,
Ole